Swim Mom Knits

Thirty something wife and mom of two boys who spends all her time at the pool (although not swimming)knitting maniacally.

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Greetings!

I have decided to jump on the blog bandwagon. So let's start with a little bit about me. I am married with two boys. Ben is eight and Nate is three. Ben swims with the local swim teams both in summer and winter and I spend at least four days a week at the pool watching him swim which is where I got the blog name. The best part of all the practices is the knitting time. Nothing is better than knitting when you are getting bleacher butt.

I work as a legal assistant. I prefer to call myself a secretary just because it irritates my boss.

I have been knitting for about 2 1/2 years. I taught myself from a book but have taken a few classes since. My most recent project is a stole for my best friend's wedding which will be in December. I will post a picture of it when it gets a little longer.

Last week I felted for the first time. I kinda fly by the seat of my pants with most of my knitting and felting was no different. I made two wizard's hats from the New Knits of the Block book using Cascade 220. But I didn't swatch or wash (pretty normal, I prefer to wing it and rip) and felt the swatch, so I ended up felting the hats almost to much. They fit the boys but barely.

2 Comments:

Blogger Carole Knits said...

Welcome aboard, Mindy! Glad to have you join the blog world.

10:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mindy - I just had to check out the blog. It's cool!

9:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home