Swim Mom Knits

Thirty something wife and mom of two boys who spends all her time at the pool (although not swimming)knitting maniacally.

Friday, June 30, 2006

TGIF

This has been one long week. I finally broke down and went to the doctor on Wednesday. I thought the ear infection I got tubing on Memorial weekend has come back. Turns out I had strep throat. So my girl's night out got cancelled and I missed work yesterday. Then I am back at work today only to have a four day weekend since I am taking vacation on Monday. Makes for a very wonky week. To top it off, we are having both sides of the family over for Ben's 9th birthday on Sunday and the house needs a thorough cleaning as well as trying to finish the pool and mow the lawn. I managed to get a little work done yesterday evening after the antibiotics and finally taken effect.

Needless to say I haven't been knitting. There was absolutely nothing decent on TV yesterday. I have never understood how when you don't have the time to watch TV there is always something on worth watching but when you have all day there is nothing. We get the Starz movie channels and I couldn't find anything to watch. I was to worn out to put in a movie so I read most of the day. I just finished reading Pride and Prejudice so I started a fantasy novel called Sorcerey Rising by Jude Fischer. It was pretty good, if a little long winded. Some of the descriptions could have been cut down to make the story flow better. On the whole I prefer that the novels I read focus on one or two main characters for the story. This one jumps around telling the story of six or so that intertwine. It makes it a little hard to follow, but not to bad.

I have a few of favorite fantasy series that I reread. They are:

  • Incarnations of Immortality by Piers Anthony
  • The Belgariad and The Mallorean by David Edings
  • Valdemar series by Mercedes Lackey
I also enjoy the muse series by Piers Anthony. Luckily my husband also enjoys reading and the Incarnations are his favorite series, so he never complains about bookshelves. I am trying to build the love of books into my kids as well. Nate loves to take a book to bed at night and "read" to himself. It is very entertaining to hear him tell the story.

Well, I will be on vacation until Wednesday next week so I do not know if I will post. Enjoy your holiday weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home