Swim Mom Knits

Thirty something wife and mom of two boys who spends all her time at the pool (although not swimming)knitting maniacally.

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Independence Day Weekend

On Saturday, the start of my glorious four day weekend, Beth (my friend from the Chicago area) was down for the weekend and came over to visit. We went to town and had lunch. But first, we stopped at the LYS. Beth is great to go to the LYS. She had a purse in mind that she wanted and she picked the pattern and then I got the yarn. She purchases it, I get to make it and then she gets it. It works out very well. Afterwards, we went to the mall and I got a new dress at Lerner's. It is blue and linen and if I could find my camera I would show a picture. But somehow at Ben's party it got lost.

That evening the boys wanted to swim for the first time in our pool. The water was freezing! Nate started shivering after just a few minutes but of course refused to get out. It was better on Sunday when it was hot and the sun was out. I still didn't get in but it didn't stop the younger group from living it up. I got to play some pinnochle, race horse which is my favorite. And for a change, I won. Then we kept my nephew (age 2) overnight.

On Monday which I took off, my sister and I took the boys to see Cars. Ben loved it, but it was a little long for the two little ones. Nate went home with my sister yesterday so I won't see him for a week. Ben was to tired to stay up and watch the fireworks which were pretty despite the rain that was falling.

I finished my bath mat yesterday. I bound off to tightly in a number of spots and as a result it doesn't lay as smoothly as it should. It is still pretty and soft and highly functional for our bathroom. Otherwise I have been working on Milinda and the stole for Christina's wedding. I want to have the stole finished by the last weekend of the month so that we can have it when we order the dresses, but I don't know if I will make it.

Finally, I will end with the birthday questionnaire sent for the August Birthday Swap.

What day is your birthday?

August 26th.

Are you crafty? /Would you enjoy things like: Buttons, ribbons and embellishments?/Do you dye your own wool?

I am not exceptionally crafty except with knitting. I don't sew, don't dye, don't spin, rarely felt.

However, I love to try new stitches and patterns with knitting.

Do you like to scrapbook or make homemade cards?

Nope, I only like to receive them.

What small project would you be interested in making? Socks, mittens, scarf, hat, baby items, wash cloths, doilies, shrugs etc

I make socks, mittens, scarves, hats, baby items, wash clothes etc. I knit for the Dulaan Project as well.

/What are your favorite scents?

I am not big on scented lotions. But for other scented things, I like citrus scents (particularily orange). My husband dislikes it when I burn candles that smell like vanilla or other yummy foods as it makes him hungry.

/Do you like stationary and cards?

Yes!

Do you like hand lotions or soaps?

Yes to the soaps but no to lotions unless they have no scent.
/
Do you like to sew or embroider items?

NO!

/Do you like beads?

I like beads, but have not done any beadwork or knitting with beads.

/What kind of mail-able snacks do you like to eat?

Chocolate. I am a big chocoholic

/Do you like to wear costume jewelry? Necklace, earrings, bracelets etc.

I rarely if ever wear jewelry.

Do you like to play cards or board games?

Yes, pick it and I have played it or will learn. My whole family plays cards, dominos, etc.

/What are your favorite colors of yarn?

I am partial to darker colors and blue is my favorite along with blue/greens and deep reds.

Do you like solid, variegated, heathers, or self stripping yarns?

Yes.

/Do you like kitchen magnets or key rings?

Nope.

/Do you like picture frames?

Yes, particularily wood ones or ones for the office of all types.
/
Do you like to make/or use stitch markers?

I use them, but have never made them.

/Do you collect anything?

Fairy Items -- Calendars, pictures, books, figurines. More of a gothic fairy look than a cherubic.

/Do you have any allergies? Smoke, food, fiber, pets, etc..

I am allergic to mothproofing on yarn. If the yarn has the slightest bit of itchiness (100%wool types especially) it will make me itch. This doesn't mean I won't knit with it, I just wouldn't be able to use it for myself.

/Do you have any hobbies?

Knitting, reading, swimming/playing with my kids. I don't do a whole lot else.

/Do you like scented or unscented candles?

scented

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home