Swim Mom Knits

Thirty something wife and mom of two boys who spends all her time at the pool (although not swimming)knitting maniacally.

Monday, August 07, 2006

Ben had a great performance in the meet this weekend. He ended up with two 5th places, one 10th and 17th in his individual events and his relay got 2nd. But more importantly his times continue to improve with each performance. It was a great day. The weather was fairly nice. There was a bit of breeze to balance out the sun. I think next year we will definetely have to invest in a gazebo. Then my dad took him to his Aunt's house. the boys are in for a lot of excitement. Aunt Carrie's neices (SIL's kids) were so excited about seeing the boys they were driving their mom nuts. Nate was so worn out he fell asleep on the couch in about two minutes in the middle of the day! He never does that.

We celebrated my soon to be SIL's graduation from college. She is a massage therapist but went back to get her asthetics degree. Shane proceeded to drink to much and we stayed way late into the night. Luckily with the kids gone we had a restful morning.

I knitted a ballband dishcloth from the Mason-Dixon book on Saturday. However, since I am to lazy to have two color on hand and actually switch between them, it is modified to only have one color. The light was bad, so these colors aren't quite this bright. I enjoyed the pattern, it was entertaining but still easy to memorize.

Last night I started on a dress for my babysitters oldest child. She is going to have a baby in January sometime and I want to give her a knit gift for the baby, but I don't want Emma to be jealous because she is only two so I decided I would knit something for both. (That is the joy of little ones, it doesn't take much time to knit something). I am making a dress from the Yarn Girl's Guide to Kid Knits. It has a fun fur type yarn on the bottom couple of inches. I am using Fizz by SR Kertzer. Then The rest of the dress will be Lion Brand Microspun in the requested colors of pink and purple.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a nice idea, to knit something for the little girl so she doesn't feel left out. I'm sure she'll appreciate a dress made especially for her, in her favorite colors.

I hope you are feeling better. I don't know much about fibromylasia(sp?) but my mother's friend has it, and I know it can be tough to deal with.

3:49 PM  
Blogger kt said...

Ooh, that Yarn Girls Kids book is great! I actually made two sweaters for the Dulaan project with their patterns--VERY easy for a beginner.

Package arrived today! Proper thanks coming in an email and on my blog.

11:27 PM  
Blogger AR said...

I always try to give the big brother or big sister a gift, too. It's hard to feel left out when you're so little. I like the look of your one color cloth. Everyone I've made looks like a brick wall, so maybe I'll try your idea!

10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home