Swim Mom Knits

Thirty something wife and mom of two boys who spends all her time at the pool (although not swimming)knitting maniacally.

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

This and That

Let's finish up from yesterday first. The dress to the left is the new bridesmaid dress. Gorgeous, huh?














This is a cute piture of Nate wearing his daddy's hat and striking a pose in his swimming trunks.












Now, I didn't get any knitting done last night and I will tell you why (for those who are only looking for knitting come back tomorrow or so). I have fibromyalgia. I don't usually let it affect my life to much. By this I mean I am stubborn and keep doing things I shouldn't necessarily do. I am trying to listen to my body more, but sometimes life happens and well I suffer the aftereffects. So, 4 days of funerals + travel + no willpower = sick girl. I went off my diet which is not for weight loss (cause I think it is pretty obvious from the above picture that I really don't need to lose a whole lot of weight) but to make me feel better.

I have sensitivities. Specifically I am sensitive to yeast and yeast by-products. So I completely caved on my normal diet and had all kinds of things I shouldn't. I am now trying to clear my body of these toxins which is why I feel horrible. My muscles ache (similar to the day after you have excerised for the first time in ages) and I can barely think.

On the whole, I have it a lot better than many people with fibro. I can work and function day-to-day without many problems. There are many out there who can not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home