Swim Mom Knits

Thirty something wife and mom of two boys who spends all her time at the pool (although not swimming)knitting maniacally.

Friday, July 28, 2006

While the cat's away...

My boss left today on vacation. Two weeks of quiet, of bliss, of being able to get things accomplished that have been sitting idly on my desk. YIPPEE! (Don't get me wrong I like my boss, but I like it when he is gone too)

Our house was built around 100 years ago. Over the years it has been added to and upgraded, you know electricity and running water and all that. Well, it had the old fuse box still instead of circuit breakers. The week before Memorial Day the fuse box started to smell. The burned wire, turn it off quick before the wall catched fire kinda smell. Needless to say, we upgraded the electricity that week instead of the end of summer as we were planning. That put a toll on our budget, so when Shane's car stopped starting last month, there was nothing we could do to try and fix it. Skip ahead to this month, Shane goes out this morning to his car and it actually started. It as been sitting there for over a month with nothing and then it starts today. I laughed and laughed when he told me. Unfortuantely, the only place to get it looked at is 30 miles away. So it sat. This morning he got in it and it started. Which just makes you wonder how many weeks it could have been running and we hadn't even tried past the first couple of days of it not working. Shane is taking into the shop tomorrow even though they can't look at it until next week. They don't know if they will be able to tell what it wrong, but I think we need to make sure all the connections are good. Some on Altima's you can't get to without getting under the car.

No swim meet this weekend, YAY! I am bridesmaid shopping. We have the dress picked out and a back up dress just in case all the bridesmaids aren't comfortable with the first.



















(I cropped our heads out because yikes the hair after trying on 30 odd dresses is not so good and that is me on the right)
First choice is the purple and second the blue. But they will be cranberry with champaign in the cut out just like the bride's dress.

Which is why the stole I am knitting is cranberry (technically it isn't called that but whatever). It is similar to kidsilk haze in a absolutely mindnumbing two row repeat. But it was what she wanted and as the best friend and bride you get to make me do something boring like that. I am a little further (four or five inches but it looks the same) along than this and the color is a little darker, more like the pile above my fingers. I am hoping to make big progress on this over the weekend.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dropstitchknitter said...

The dresses are lovely - and I really like that shawl even though you say it's mind numbing - I do like that pattern.

8:20 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home