Swim Mom Knits

Thirty something wife and mom of two boys who spends all her time at the pool (although not swimming)knitting maniacally.

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Six Flags,

(Nate on the roller coaster, left. Ben and Nate with Batman and Robin, right)


The trip to Six Flags was good. The weather was fairly uncooperative, but it kept the lines down. We had serious rain for about 3 hours total. The little kid rides stayed open so the boys rode those. We didn't miss any of the rides they wanted to go on so it didn't hamper us in that way. We only had to wait for two rides, the Ninja and the Superman. The rest it took longer to walk to the place to get on the ride than it did to get on the ride. The boys were all exhausted by the time we came home. Ben rode the Superman and the Batman even though he is afraid of heights and going upside down. Nate rode the Mine Train (an adult roller coaster) twice. He's going to be my roller coaster boy.

It was a really early morning, so the boys were tired but well behaved. We went to see the Loony Toons Show. Nate loved it. He gave Tweety Bird big hugs and shook hands with the rest. (If Blogger ever cooperates, I will put up some adorable pics). All in all they were well spoiled by Grandma and Aunt Carrie.

Yesterday, I got Ben off to school (much to his dismay) and Nate to the sitters. I went back home and went to bed. I could barely walk and hurt all over. I am definetely glad that I took a vacation day, I wouldn't have been worth anything at work. I slept until after noon. Then I spent the afternoon watching Buffy and Charmed and knitting on the Kimono Shawl. I am starting the 5th out of 10 balls. It is getting pretty big. I still love this knit.

My Yarn Aboard package came on Saturday. Tomorrow I will tell you all about it.

1 Comments:

Blogger AR said...

What fun! It would have been worse if the sun was blaring and the lines were unbearably long.

8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home