Swim Mom Knits

Thirty something wife and mom of two boys who spends all her time at the pool (although not swimming)knitting maniacally.

Friday, September 15, 2006

Work Guilt

Yesterday, I woke to the lovely sounds of retching from the bathroom. Ben was completely sick. He ran a fever all day. Since Shane was already at work, this of course means I have to call in sick. Then I feel guilty for missing work. I know that there are things that need to be done and even though I am within my rights to do nothing for the day, I ended up working from home. Drives me crazy sometimes.

Ben is better today and went back to school. I am glad because we are supposed to go to Six Flags this weekend. (Grandma is taking us) Then I am taking off Monday to recuperate.

Here is a really bad picture of the Kimono Stole from Fold Shawls. I say really bad because it is black not navy blue. I absolutely love knitting with the Cashmerino Aran yarn. It is so soft. Unfortunately, it robs me of any desire to work on the Bride's stole. So I will have to force myself to work on it everynight for at least 15 minutes. Wednesday night I went to Christina's house (it's girls night out) before dinner. Her mom has gotten back into knitting over the past few months. She has no faith in her abilities to do more than a rectangle/square, so I went over to help her learn to read patterns and make some scarfs with a little flash to them. We had a good time, and I hopefully helped her. She knits combination style, so it took a little time for me to show her in the way that she knits. I never did figure out the right slanting decrease. I will have to attempt that later.

I tried to get Christina to knit with me and to give her credit, she tried hard. But she finally gave up as it was completely stressing her out and made her want to poke out her eyeballs.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poking out of the eyeballs is not a good thing!

The Kimono Stole is beautiful.

9:19 PM  
Blogger Carole Knits said...

Have a blast at Six Flags!

7:10 AM  
Blogger AR said...

Hope your Six Flags trip is lots of fun! Kids get it as soon as school starts, don't they?

3:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you had fun at Six Flags :o)

Your stole is beautiful!

7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home