Swim Mom Knits

Thirty something wife and mom of two boys who spends all her time at the pool (although not swimming)knitting maniacally.

Monday, September 11, 2006

Happy Birthday, Nate!

Yesterday was Nate's 4th birthday. We had a big cookout to celebrate. Some of the kids even dared to swim in the pool which was a nice 69 degrees. He got lots of superhero presents (what he wanted) and a mickey mouse cake. He ended the day so tired but mostly happy.


The day before we went to the Broomcorn Festival to pick up the neices. The kids got to ride rides after the parade. It was the best parade I have been to in a long time. Four bands, lots of clowns, shriners and the lawnrangers. Nate was entertained by a slightly crazy lady who was sitting next to him. She told him how to get candy and generally entertained both boys until the parade began.

The best part of Saturday was Nate on the Ferris Wheel. It was a kid size wheel and the youngest neice rode on it with him. Nate immediately put his hands up in the air. He is definetely my daredevil when it comes to amusement rides. He also rode the horses which he enjoyed. The big ones rode many rides, but unfortunately they all moved to fast to get a picture.
(Blogger is now being a pain and not letting me post the pics, so I will add them later)

I also did the frogging for frog days. I had knit a sock out of Sundara Yarn, which I gotta say is lovely to work with, using a new pattern. I got the first sock to small and to short I convinced myself that it would be okay and cast on for the second with no modifications. Finally, I admitted to myself what I knew would happen to those poor socks. I like the yarn to much to do that to them, so ripped they went. Now I have the gorgeous yarn to use in another paid of socks, that will fit. (Pictures will also be added later.)

2 Comments:

Blogger AR said...

Happy birthday to your little guy! My friend's b-day was yesterday, too. My daughter's is on thursday, and mine is in two weeks! Looks like everyone had fun at the parade, and the party.

11:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Nate :o) (sorry I'm late...) (oh that rhymed...hehe)

9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home