Swim Mom Knits

Thirty something wife and mom of two boys who spends all her time at the pool (although not swimming)knitting maniacally.

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Will the sun ever come back?

Ugh, I am so sick of the gray skies. The sun hasn't appeared here in over a week. When, oh when will the sun come back? Not only that but it is cold here for August. Only in the 70s. Where has summer disappeared to? I love summer and the heat so I am not loving this. Plus it makes me ache which in turn makes it hard to knit. What an utterly vicious cycle. So, since I am not knitting I have been practicing my crochet skills. I have been crocheting dishcloths. plain boring single crochet dishcloths. (Just ignore blurry photos and bad colors)

Nate hasn't been feeling well the last couple of nights so it has been a little rough at our house. Plus the dog managed to bring home fleas from his little weekend of fun (same weekend Ben and I were in Chicago) even though we use the flea stuff on him. So I had to kill fleas last night. And for fun probably a few more times in the near future.

On the plus side, I am going to the LYS today to spend my birthday money. I already spent a little of it on Buffy Season 4. I refuse to pay the full price for these because you can get them so much cheaper used after a couple of years, so I just patiently wait. Every other copy I have bought this way has been fab.

I realized that I have never posted a picture of myself. So I took a picture of myself in the red hat in my office (terrible lighting) so it is a little off, but what the heck. This was made out of Karabella of some sort. One ball. I started the hat on the Friday of the Chicago weekend and finished Monday night a week later.

Apparently Blogger is protesting the hat picture. I will try to add it later.

3 Comments:

Blogger Teri.p said...

Happy belated Birthday, Mindy!

I really like the blue/white dishcloth; it looks like a partly cloudy sky.

1:08 PM  
Blogger AR said...

I like how the yarn pools when they are crocheted. Yeah, the blue/white does look like sky. Hope you get some sun and heat soon!

10:55 PM  
Blogger kt said...

We used to have to fiercely fight fleas in San Diego--with two cats, we turned to a weird but effective treatment: the local weather guy claimed that if you chopped and pureed lemons with some boiling water, then let the slop cool and slather it onto the affected beastie, the oil would help get rid of the pests! As we didn't want to put pesticides onto our self-grooming cats, we tried it, and it worked!

Smells nice, too.

Come on Blogger, we want the hat!

12:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home