Swim Mom Knits

Thirty something wife and mom of two boys who spends all her time at the pool (although not swimming)knitting maniacally.

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Happy New Year

Happy New Year everyone! We went to my grandparents to celebrate Christmas on the 31st. It was a nice day. We played Euchre and visited. The boys played so nicely together I was beginning to think something was wrong. On Monday, Shane and I tackled the boys' rooms. It is an annual event in our house to make room for Christmas goodies. Nate thought Santa Clause had brought a ton more than he did thanks to the rediscovered toys (and some hand me downs). I got a new camera cable so be prepared for pictures. But first one from Nate's new digital camera and taken by him.















I got my first tag for a meme, Thanks KT. So here goes.

Six weird things about me:

1. I never ever stop my car under an overpass. It makes me insanely nervous so I just wait until there is enough room. I do the same thing with stopping on railroad tracks.

2. I love cheesy B rated sci fi/horror. There is nothing better than a really bad sci fi film. The worse I hear a movie is the more I want to see it. That is how I went to Battlefield Earth in the theatre.

3. I do algebra problems for fun. I love algebra, in fact if I didn't have to get through geometry I would have a math degree.

4. I hate talking on the phone and will go out of my way not to do it. This includes walking upstairs at my office instead of using the intercom.

5. I can not do a light cleaning on anything. If I clean it is a deep clean with rearranging and throwing out of trash. It drives my husband crazy.

6. I laugh all the time. I constantly find things that entertain me that no one else understands. LIke someone will say Oliver Cromwell and I will start hearing Monty Python in my head. This was a real problem in college as I was older than a couple of professors (by just a couple of years) and they took it personally. It took one a long time to learn not to ask why I was so amused because he never understood why I was amused.

Well, I am not tagging anyone as most everyone I read or email has already done this.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a nice pic! Your weird things aren't so bad, except for the algebra thing, LOL. While I was an OK algebra student, I don't do it for fun!

6:44 PM  
Blogger kt said...

That is a fun picture!

I love Monty Python, too. I was so disappointed when Seth said he thought our girlie (at 9) is still too young for "Holy Grail". I know she'll love it.

Yay! Glad you meme'd along!

12:55 AM  
Blogger AR said...

What a great picture! Nate did a great job.

You'll be glad for #3 when your kids get a little older, and have to do algebra for school!

11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home