Swim Mom Knits

Thirty something wife and mom of two boys who spends all her time at the pool (although not swimming)knitting maniacally.

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

One down, two to go

I decided to knit my nephew the sweater with the condition that it might not be done until after Christmas. The thing is my sister appreciated the previous sweater so much, she even had his picture taken in it. It was the highest compliment she has ever given me. She knew that it didn't take me long to make the sweater last year and she crafts herself (including a little dabbling in knitting), so she knows it is time intensive on the whole. All in all, I had to say I would make the sweater. Plus, if I don't get it done, it can always be a little late since it is not an actual Christmas gift. So, she bought the yarn (Cascade Ecological Wool) which I got to pick out and I got to pick out the pattern.

I also picked up yarn to make Nate a scarf. He has specifically requested a blue one also out of Cascasde but I can't remember specifically which type (not the 220 though). He has really gotten into wearing scarfs since it got cold. I didn't put one on him yesterday since it was nearly fifty when we left the house and he pointed to his neck and said it needed something to keep it warm. So I had to go get him a scarf to wear. He has also told me he wants to knit with me when I make it.

Nate and I put up the Christmas tree last night. I let Nate decorate it and all the ornaments he put on are in about a quarter of the tree. He picked a spot at his eye level and down but only for half the tree that he felt the need to decorate. It looks a little lopsided, but he had so much fun that I didn't have the heart to stop him. I did save a few ornaments for Ben to put on the tree and he is looking forward to doing that. Now I just have to wrap some gifts to put under the barren bottom on the tree.

Yesterday, I finished the last co-worker's scarf. Now I have to block and wrap them so that they will be ready to go when we have our office Christmas party. That leaves my MIL's scarf and the sweater to be finished. I also need to add up the washclothes I have made and decide if I need to make anymore (I am giving three a piece to all the ladies in my family).

My weekend was totally relaxing a peaceful. I didn't step out of the house for a minute altogether. Shane and I even had time to watch a movie together on Saturday. It was fabulous.

1 Comments:

Blogger AR said...

It's great that she appreciates hand knit sweaters. :)

I love it when weekends are relaxing!

12:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home