Swim Mom Knits

Thirty something wife and mom of two boys who spends all her time at the pool (although not swimming)knitting maniacally.

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Third Time's the Charm.

Our server is giving me fits and this is the third time I have tried to post this. I got smart after I lost the first try and saved it to a word doc. But let's try again, one last time.

I was doing a quick perusal of the upper most layer of WIPs last night. This is first up on the list. It is a sweater for Shane. The pattern is from the Rowan Vintage Knits book. It is mainly languishing because it is boring, but I have done more knitting of this type lately. It would be great for swim team events.

This is one of at least four sweaters that I have started and not finished. I have a ribbed tank, the Milinda pullover from White Lies Designs and Salina from Rowan Vintage Knits. These are just off the top of my head. I didn't get a chance to clean the bedroom last night. My aunt is coming next Wednesday, so I have to get working on it tonight. Plus try to get all the arrangements worked out for my sitter's maternity leave. She is going to take two weeks off. For Ben this isn't to big a deal. My bosses will let me come in a half hour late and leave a half hour late. Going in late allows me to put Ben on the bus and Shane is home before Ben is, so Ben doesn't have to be home alone. Except that he doesn't have school on Monday. So I have to arrange something for him on Monday. Nate, however, poses a more serious problem. My dad and my brother's girlfriend had already told me that they would watch him the second week, but the first week I still had to iron out. Dad said he would watch him, but I am not sure if he remembers. I will have to check on that tonight. I am not sure what I will do for two weeks without my little one around.

I worked on the silk scarf a little last night, I have six rows to go on Chart A of the silk scarf. I worked on it while watching House last night. Hugh Laurie is fabulous. I also did some work on the Clapotis. I am nearly done with the increase section. I would have been finished already, but I finished the repeat before realizing I had increased enough, so there will be an extra section of this one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home