Swim Mom Knits

Thirty something wife and mom of two boys who spends all her time at the pool (although not swimming)knitting maniacally.

Friday, July 14, 2006

WIPs Revisted

Last night, after my parents picked up the kids, I pulled out all of my WIPs. That was when I realized that I had missed a few from my previous list. Here was my previous list:

1. Salina from Vintage Knits, Cotton Fleece, Sage
2. DH's sweater also from Vintage Knits, tweed Cascade
3. Birch, Rowan 32, Kidsilk Haze
4. Shapely Tank from Whiteliesdesigns, bamboo
5. hat, no pattern, cascade (finished -- this was Mom's Hat)
6. dishcloth, DK cotton (finsihed at swim meet)
7. Bathmat, Mason-Dixon Knitting (finished)
8. Sock, Sundara Yarn, WendyKnits toe-up pattern
9. Milinda sweater, whiteliesdesigns, Lana Grossa Point

So to redo the list taking out the finished items:

1. Salina from Vintage Knits, Cotton Fleece, Sage
2. DH's sweater also from Vintage Knits, tweed Cascade
3. Birch, Rowan 32, Kidsilk Haze
4. Shapely Tank from Whiteliesdesigns, bamboo
5. Sock, Sundara Yarn, WendyKnits toe-up pattern
6. Milinda sweater, whiteliesdesigns, Lana Grossa Point
The the new additions:
7. Tank out of Berroco Lullaby
8. Hat for Dulaan out of Lana Grossa
9. Wristwarmers out of Mission Falls 1824
10. Stole for Christina's Wedding out of Doceur Et Soie

So thanks to finishing those three items from the first list, I am actually not in terrible shape. I worked on the Lullaby tank last night.

In the planning stages are:

1. Toddle dress Emma (the Lady who runs my sons' daycare daughter)
2. Baby item, I am leaning toward the baby bolero from One Skein for the sitter's baby which is due sometime this winter.
3. Purse for Beth.
4. Lacey item for my mom out of my sister's handspun


The picture doesn't do it justice. It is her third effort at a skein and done all on a spindle. It is a gorgeous green/gray merion tencel blend. She doesn't knit but she wants to spin, so of course I have been tempting her by taking her to The Fold which is close to her home. She ended up buying a spindle and samples of a variety of fibers. Her biggest argument for why she can't have a wheel is because she wouldn't be able to do anything with the yarn, to which I told her we could make joint projects with her spinning and my knitting. She also has expensive taste, so I know I will get to work with fibers I love.

Tomorrow I am going to St. Louis to visit my Aunt in the hospital. Ben has a swim meet in Indiana and then the boys are going to my niece's birthday party. On Sunday, I am hoping for a lazy day at the house with maybe a little for fun swimming thrown in. (Well, it will be fun for the boys, I will wait and see how warm the water is).

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I just came over from the Harlot's page, and must tell you, absolutely loved the joke!!! Nice blog you have here, was pleasantly surprised and treated to pretty stuff, and you are one busy busy Mom.

4:46 PM  
Blogger Alliesw said...

I too spend a lot of time at the pool--knitting. I get a lot of knitting done, and occasionally come up with some pretty quirky FO's! (it must be the heat lately!)

11:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home