Swim Mom Knits

Thirty something wife and mom of two boys who spends all her time at the pool (although not swimming)knitting maniacally.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Mom's Hat

I finished mom's hat. Here are my lovely assistants modeling the hat.




I am hopeful it will fit mom a little better than either of my little pin heads.

I didn't make a lot of progress on anything else. After cleaning the pool and watching the boys turn themselves into popsicles while swimming, we went inside to play some video games. Starting with Animal Crossing, which is terribly addicting. Then followed by Mario Party 7 which Ben and I play as a team. Nate thinks he plays, but he has no clue how to work the paddles.

Luckily there is not swim team on Tuesday nights as both boys were exhausted and went to bed early. Tonight is their Dad's night to watch them while I go out with my friend, Christina. Each week, Shane and I take one night to have a mommy or daddy night out. It helps keep us sane.

I am starting a new project. It is a purse out of denim yarn. Beth has set out the dimensions she wants it and I have picked the pattern. Now I just have to swatch, make a schematic, do the math and all that fun stuff.

Beth is a fiberholic's dream to take to yarn stores. She buys yarn and patterns for me to knit with. Last year she bought Debbie Bliss' Alpaca Silk in a dark red and I got to knit a scarf with cables on it. It was gorgeous yarn and a real pleasure to work with. So when she came to visit this time we ended up with the denim yarn. I have been wanting to work with denim yarn for quite a while so I am really excited about this.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish my son was that age again. Enjoy them now cuz the teenage years will come sooner than you think!

2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home