Swim Mom Knits

Thirty something wife and mom of two boys who spends all her time at the pool (although not swimming)knitting maniacally.

Monday, August 28, 2006

Back To School

Ben's first day back to school is today. He wasn't excited to be going back. He doesn't want to have to do the work that 4th grade will require.

Winter swim team registration is tonight. In one week, there will once again be no free time in our house. Practices for the Silver group are four nights a week and Saturdays. I think we are only going to do three nights a week and Saturdays. Five days a week is a bit much for a nine year old.

My birthday was pretty good. We had Ben's swim team picture in the morning. Then we went to my MIL's house. Shane had to fix the wiring to their office which was damaged during the wiring for the hot tub. I was going to work on learning Corel Presentations, but took the wrong disk so I played with Powerpoint which I already know but don't have on the computer I use at work.

Then I took a nap. I do love to nap. After that we had supper, one of my favorites beef and noodles. I took the four littles one to the hot tub. Nate kept trying to jump in and I had to scold him. They finally got out and played tag. After it got dark, the mosqitoes were so bad that I went inside and the littlest niece and I pretended to pick out a movie. (Everything she was allowed to watch she deemed scary because I would say that the ones she couldn't watch were scary to me). Then Nate came in and decided to watch Scooby-Doo.

Yesterday, the boys and I played. They swam a little bit, but the water was still freezing. Then we went in and played games.

I knitted quite a bit on the wedding stole. I am close to fininshing the hat I started in Chicago. I also worked on the scarf for my MIL. We'll see how much I get done tonight. I have to buy groceries and work on learning Corel.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good birthday :o)

Sorry I haven't been around - I lost a bunch of my subscriptions when I moved over to NewsGator :o(

3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home