Swim Mom Knits

Thirty something wife and mom of two boys who spends all her time at the pool (although not swimming)knitting maniacally.

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Lookit what the mailman brought.

Let's start with the booty from the weekend. (This post will have lots of pictures)

The blue ball on the left is some STR. I didn't check the colorway. It is shades of blue and it is awesome. I love to knit this yarn. I had a skein of it once before but it went into another swap and in the sockapaloooza I got a pair knitted out of STR, so I knew that it felt good on the feet. But geez, it is great to knit with. Luckily, my sister is 20 minutes away from The Fold so she can get me more if I need. (I prefer to pick out hand dyed yarns in person)

The black is Karabella lace mohair in black. One for me and one for Beth, both for stoles.

The brown is called Catalina. 100% baby alpaca. On sale. Beth wants a hat. The green some cotton blend, I am not sure what for yet.


The red on the left is Karabella. I don't remember the name of it. There is an almost finished hat there. I may just be able to keep that hat for myself.

The gray is my favorite. It is rowan cashsoft. It is like butta to work with. I am knitting a scarf for my MIL for christmas. If she doesn't want or like, it is coming back to me -- I will insist. I love LOVE this yarn.

I also got some needles and a couple of wooden crochet hooks.

As if that wasn't enough, when I got home Monday night what was waiting for me but...

my August Birthday Swap box arrived. (yes those white squares are edited, no addresses need be posted)

Since it wasn't my birthday yet, I contemplated not opening the present yet as some have done. But I let my kids talk me into opening it early.

Nate helped me open the presents.

And because Blogger isn't cooperating, you will see what was in it tomorrow.

1 Comments:

Blogger Carole Knits said...

I knit my Kiri shawl with the Karabella lace mohair and it was very nice to work with. Great yarns and happy (almost) birthday. I know it's TOMORROW! Woot!

6:28 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home