Swim Mom Knits

Thirty something wife and mom of two boys who spends all her time at the pool (although not swimming)knitting maniacally.

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Yarn Aboard -- Henry Hudson Box

My Yarn Aboard box arrived on Saturday. Nate couldn't wait for me to open it. Debby from She Knits by the Seashore sent some awesome swag. First up, four balls of Cascade Fixation. Two in deep red (not pink as the picture looks) and two in lavender/purple variegated. I can not wait to try this yarn. I have never used cotton sock yarn before. Plus she included a sock pattern specifically for the yarn.

There was a magnetic notepad about chocolate (I am a serious chocoholic). Two different types of Chai just in time for the cool weather. The red is a circular pocket. This is a really cool thing. It holds a ball of yarn and has an elastic handle. I took it to Six Flags hoping to try it out in the lines, but it was 1. to wet and 2. no lines. So it will wait for another day. Truly a fabulous gift. Thank you Debby!

Nate also tryed out some stickers he had gotten for his birthday. Those are dinosaur foot prints on his cheek. He has spent the week wearing dinsoaurs and their foot prints around the house.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you liked the box!

1:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a big Fixation fan and have found there are all sorts of fun patterns for it out there on the web.

10:56 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Hi Mindy! I got the box you sent me this week. I haven' blogged about it yet because the person I am sending to knows it! I figure that at least the timeing will be a suprise!

I really love the yarn that you sent me. The colors are just beautiful and the tea is so yummy. In fact I am drinking some now!

Everything you sent was wonderful! Watch my blog for a post and pictures on Wed. My friend will have her box by then :-)

6:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home