Swim Mom Knits

Thirty something wife and mom of two boys who spends all her time at the pool (although not swimming)knitting maniacally.

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Blogger, Ben and Pics

I think I will have to add to the cacophony of voices sounding off in disgust at the new blogger. It is terribly irritating.

Anyways, my mom informed me on Sunday that if her clapotis would be done in time she would like to wear it to my brother's wedding. No pressure there. I of course told her it would be done. I have since frogged the previous attempt, rewound all the yarn (so I can alternate the skeins and keep the color difference from being as noticable) and washed the yarn I had to rip. I did manage to get it restarted but I hardly think the first ten rows counts as much progress. I also want to finish my silk scarf/wrap. I was hoping to wear it this weekend, but I think it will be way to cold for any of my dresses (which are all sleeveless) with a silk wrap. So it may get saved for the brother's wedding (I'm am not in the wedding party, thank goodness).

Thanks for all the well wishes for Ben. The doctors believe that this episode is likely unrelated to the previous seizure and more from lack of oxygen after his fall. I am not sure if this makes me feel much better since he fall was really just your basic slip & fall, it could happen any time (he is not the most graceful of kids -- well outside the water anyways). He kept his hospital ID on until today so that he could prove he was in the hospital. I am guessing some of the kids in his class are big liars.

Now for some pictures. Nate and Ben finding eggs. Ben was instructed to look for the "hard" ones. I ended up having to give him clues for the final two.

Grandma and the boys.
As you can see, our backyard is a huge mess. The mound of dirt is from when we dug out for the pool. Shane hasn't wanted to get rid of it all because he has hopes of being able to put in a culvert in our front ditch. But since this pile has been there for two years, I think it is time to get rid of it.


Blogger Mrs. H said...

Out of curiosity, how long was it between the 2 seizures?

2:34 PM  
Blogger Mindy said...

It was 1 1/2 years.

2:42 PM  
Blogger Mrs. H said...

Scary how this happens. Hope he (and you) never has to go through it again.

4:34 PM  
Anonymous JessaLu said...

I hope this is his last one - glad to hear he is doing better!

Cute photos!

6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home