Swim Mom Knits

Thirty something wife and mom of two boys who spends all her time at the pool (although not swimming)knitting maniacally.

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Wedding Anniversary

Today is my anniversary. Best yet, I actually remembered and wished my husband a happy anniversary before he did. This is a best record for us. Neither of us tends to remember on the actual day although we usually go out to dinner around the date. 9 years ago today, Shane and I were in Vegas getting married at the chapel of the divorced stars. (They advertised by saying they were the chapel of the stars, but every last couple they named were divorced. Didn't exactly indicate a good success rate. Shortly after we married there, Billie Bob and Angelina Jolie married there. Scary, huh?)

I have exactly one picture from our wedding day. This was not due to lack of pictures being taken. I left my camera in the cab and of course it was never found again. I had two aunts and two cousins fly to Vegas for our wedding. Their camera ended up with the film exposed. I didn't think I got any pictures. (I did have the video) My Aunt surpised me at Christmas and gave me the one photo to survive of me and Shane at the gazebo outside the chapel.

Shane had never wanted to marry and when we were dating I certainly never imagined our relationship would be long term (well, until he got me pregnant). But here we are nine years, two kids, one dog and a house later and still in love.

Love you Shane.

6 Comments:

Blogger MelissaPurls said...

Yay!!! Congratulations!!!

4:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How sweet! Happy anniversary!

9:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! :o)

10:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congraultations! Happy 9 years!

11:48 AM  
Blogger starrypurplehaze said...

Happy Anniversary!! :)

12:20 PM  
Blogger RC said...

Excellent! Happy Anniversary to you both!

1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home