Swim Mom Knits

Thirty something wife and mom of two boys who spends all her time at the pool (although not swimming)knitting maniacally.

Friday, March 30, 2007

It's officially mom time

The kids will be off visiting relatives by the time I get home so it will be officially mom time. I will have most of the evening to read or watch kid inappropriate tv and to eat ice cream for dinner. Shane won't even be home until late since he is dropping the kids off at various relatives. This is one of those times I am really glad we moved back closer to the family. We are supposed to go to dinner with my brother and his fiance on Saturday which will be a first for us. If not, Shane and I plan on eating out and seeing a movie. (I will see a movie before the end of April!)

I found out last night that my Aunt (my Dad's middle sister) was in the hospital for chest pain! Last time the family copies each other medically was colon cancer (aunt, cousin and grandma) so I could do without a repeat of that. She is fine at the moment but will have more tests. On the plus side, she works at the hospital so she gets extra good care.

I really haven't been knitting much. I really have been reading way to much. I think I have finished 8-9 books in the past two weeks. I have three to go before I finish all the ones I purchased from the bookstore the last time. I need to go to the local library and get books there. I used to go to the library all the time when I was younger, but got in the habit of buying books about 15 years ago. Since I reread a goodly number of books, this never bothered me much. Plus the books get passed around the family (usually between 3 and 7 people read them). But this last grouping aren't books most of the family will be likely to read and really aren't the sort I will be rereading (Kay Hooper -- Bishop Crime Series for the curious) since to me mysteries lose their enjoyment when you know all the secrets (and for the record she is pretty good at keeping you guessing, I have probably only figured out about 2/3 of her which is a decent record for me. I always figure them out. It is one of the reasons I don't read a lot of mysteries).

My plan is to go through the WIP basket this weekend. I am hoping for some inspiration. Plus I am getting startitis and I really have enough projects started that I shouldn't cast on for anything else. Unless of course I go to the movies, I will have to cast on a hat to take with me. Hats are my favorite movie knitting. If the movie is just the right length I will be ready for decreases by the end and it keeps me from snacking during and therefore getting up to use the restroom in the middle of a movie. How is it that I can sit through a three hour movie at home without getting up, but put me in a theater and I can't make it through a 90 minute movie?

4 Comments:

Blogger Carrie K said...

Wow, I got way behind on you.

Okay, #1, all windows should have curtains. That makes me crazy! I hate uncurtained windows at night. The middle of nowhere is where the psychotic killers hang out and everywhere else is public view.

I'm sorry to hear about your Aunt! Hope she stays well.

Startitis is a good thing. It just takes longer to finish anything.

4:37 PM  
Blogger RC said...

aaahhh mom time, I'm green. I really can't remember my last mom time (2-3 hours here and there don't count!)

I can NEVER make it through a movie at the theater. The DH counts on that and when I "go" he asks me to refill the bucket of popcorn. He just inhales the stuff!

7:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can't read too much! Really. I should read more than I knit, but it's so hard.

And I can't make it through a movie, either, unless I don't drink anything. When I was pregnant, it didn't matter (I could've drunk something the day before & I'd still have to go, lol).

6:59 AM  
Blogger Sunflowerfairy said...

Ohh! Mom time is great! I'm going to get about 5 hours of it on Saturday this weekend and let me tell you- I'm so looking forward to it.

Hope all is well.

11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home