Swim Mom Knits

Thirty something wife and mom of two boys who spends all her time at the pool (although not swimming)knitting maniacally.

Thursday, March 29, 2007

My evening of hunting

I am having one of those days. The ones where everything is emotional and everything seems to take twice as long to get done. Plus, my throat hurts and I am hoping against hope that my boss didn't infect me when he came to get tissues (which sit right in front of me on tope of the shelf above my computer).

So two nights ago I am sitting on my bed knitting (of course) and watching tv when I catch a glimpse of something out of the corner of my eye. It was a huge spider! I mean seriously like the size of a half dollar. Now I am a fan of spiders out in the world, but in my house not so much. So I didn't try to go get the camera to get a picture of this huge spider, but I did attempt to squish it. I failed miserably and the creepy thing got away. I spent the next ten minutes huddling on my bed furtively watching the spot where it had been like it was going to miraculously reappear there and not directly on me. It completely threw me off for the whole night. I just kept waiting and waiting for it to climb onto the bed. Finally, I decided it wasn't going to come back out but was going to nest in my stash of yarn so that I might find baby giant spiders in the future. So I got up and went to turn of the tv (I never do this, that is what a remote is for) and there it was on the floor by the wall. I crept up with the nearest book (I have lots of books so there is usually one handy although I really don't like squishing the insides of bugs onto my books. But in the case of huge a** spiders, sacrifices must be made.) and squished the living daylights out of the spider. Then I went to sleep, the hunter in me satisfied that the hunted wouldn't be crawling all over me while I slept.

3 Comments:

Blogger RC said...

ooh, I got the willies just thinking of it! I'm the same way, outside is fine. Inside you are fair game.
Take lots of vitamin C and drink extra water. Hope you don't get the ick.

10:02 PM  
Blogger KT said...

Yikes! I HATE creepy crawlies in my apartment!

Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you - I don't know a lot about the ATA, this being my first association with it. They teach Songahm tkd and have several different programs, depending on age and goals. They seem to be geared slightly more towards kids, but they do have adult programs as well. Their national website is www.ataonline.com.

2:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

EEEWWWW!!! I hate spiders and spiders in the bedroom are the worst! Ain't spring grand? LOL

11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home