Swim Mom Knits

Thirty something wife and mom of two boys who spends all her time at the pool (although not swimming)knitting maniacally.

Monday, April 09, 2007

More medical fun

So the weekend started out nice enough. We were all home on Friday and cleaned house. I got my haircut and Ben and I bought groceries. Saturday, I got a nap and cleaned more. Sunday, we were all prepared for company and I was starting the potatoes for lunch when it happened. Ben came into the kitchen and fell. Shane helped him up but he couldn't breath. Then his eyes rolled back and he started to have a seizure. Fun all around. We had the ambulance there and the guests started arriving. By this time, Ben had come to and was joking around with the EMTs (one of whom is his best friend's dad). But we still had to go get him checked so I got to ride in the ambulance to the hospital and spend some time knitting while he had his tests done. (This is his second seizure, but he doesn't have a seizure disorder.) Ben and I got home after everyone had eaten. He is doing fine but I am sure we will get to visit the neurologist again.

Unfortunately, I didn't get to see my nephew hunt easter eggs although I did get to watch my boys. Pictures soon.

8 Comments:

Blogger KT said...

Yikes! How scary! I hope the tests reveal something easily controlled!

3:05 PM  
Blogger Carole Knits said...

My stepson has a seizure disorder and even though it's scarier than it looks it's still not something you ever really get used to. I hope the doctor can figure out what's going on with your son.

4:52 PM  
Blogger MelissaPurls said...

Yowza--I hope they can get your son back up to full speed again. What a day!

5:28 PM  
Blogger RC said...

Holy Cow! Reminds me of when the Mayor broke his leg 2 hrs before his 2 yr birthday. Yup, can do without that kind of excitement.
Hope all goes well and they figure out what is going on.

7:37 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Scary, but you sound pretty calm about it. My middle child had 2 seizures when she was 2 yrs old, then never had another one again. I hope he has the same thing she had.

8:23 PM  
Blogger AR said...

Gosh! Hope everything turns out ok! How scary. My thoughts are with you!

7:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that's really scary! Hopefully, the doctor will figure out what is causing the seizures and be able to do something to prevent them.

9:11 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

You and Ben are in my prayers. I went through that with my youngest a couple of years ago. She was diagnosed with epilepsy, but is seizure free now thanks to medication.

p.s. Mind if I add a link to you on my blog?

9:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home