Swim Mom Knits

Thirty something wife and mom of two boys who spends all her time at the pool (although not swimming)knitting maniacally.

Thursday, April 12, 2007

In which I must face reality

I had my checkup with the rheumatologist on Monday of this week. Unfortunately, this brought me a horrible reality check. You see, they weigh me every time I go. Typically this is the only time I am weighed since I don't keep a scale in my house. I also have no full length mirrors so I can completely lie to myself. Anyways, Monday I realized just how much damage I have done to my weight by drinking soda and not sticking to my diet. How much -- 10 pounds in four months. There was no getting around the weight gain. My brother is getting married in two months, I will have to get a grip on my diet by then.

I also have a wedding to attend this weekend and had to go shopping for a new dress (all the cute ones I bought last year are to small). I hate shopping when I feel fat. But I did it anyways. I found some really cute dresses and one even followed me home. I found one I would have loved last summer (when I weight 15 pounds less than now) but just didn't care for it with how I look now.

Ben is still doing fine. He goes to his swim practice tonight. He is looking forward to this immensely. In fact he is willingly doing two practices. I think I will be glad to go back to four days a week.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

It seems so unfair that all the good stuff is bad for us. I say we start a revolt.

Glad Ben is doing ok.

8:36 AM  
Blogger Sunflowerfairy said...

I totally agree with Mrs. H!!

Maybe we should invent a chocolate that makes you lose weight....all you have to do is knit while eating it and blamo! weight loss!

My husband would never ask me to stop knitting.

12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home