Swim Mom Knits

Thirty something wife and mom of two boys who spends all her time at the pool (although not swimming)knitting maniacally.

Friday, July 07, 2006

Aunt Brenda

Like many people in the world, I have a big family. My mom has three siblings and my dad two. Unlike many families my family is close. I see or talk to all three of my aunts on a regular basis. For this reason it has been an especially hard week. My Aunt Brenda has been fighting ovarian cancer for over five years. We just found out that they are discountinuing her chemotherapy. She has struggled with this last round of chemo. She will be having her second surgery in less than a month today. They will then send her to a hospice type place. Brenda's kids are not even in high school yet. Everyone think good thoughts her way to make her last months happy ones.

Here she is in the chemo cap I made her last year:

1 Comments:

Blogger kt said...

Aunts are especially special people. Good karma and best wishes are winging her way from here.

Tres chic cap, by the way. Well done you.

10:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home