Swim Mom Knits

Thirty something wife and mom of two boys who spends all her time at the pool (although not swimming)knitting maniacally.

Monday, September 25, 2006

Sock Wars

Sock Wars started this past Friday. I couldn't get gauge with the gorgeous purple mountain colors yarn, so my Socks of Doom (say it with the echoey deep voice, it is way more fun) are out of some beige stuff I had bought for my dad. It turns out to be a little rougher than I would use (I am a pretty big wimp when it comes to any kind of scratchy) and my finger (I'm a thrower and I wrap the yarn around my index finger) was rubbed raw. I had to put neosporin on it and declare medical injury. I have finished most of one sock and started the second, but I am way behind many of the assasins who have already mailed their socks. On the plus side, I haven't heard from my assasin, so maybe she is slower than me.

We had a busy weekend. Shane's cousin's 16th birthday party was Saturday. Her neice (technically step of some sort) was there with her 3 month old baby and adorable 2 year old big brother. I got to spend a considerable part of the evening spoiling the baby. I love babies, especially ones you get to give back. Yesterday, we were supposed to get the pool closed, but Shane's dad had an extra ticket to the Colts game. So, is it any surprise where my husband was? I didn't think so. I stayed home with the boys and cleaned while he went to play. It only seemed fair since I play more than he does on the whole.

Countdown -- 8 days until the big mediation.

2 Comments:

Blogger Carole Knits said...

This Sock Wars things is cray-zee! But fun to watch. ;-)

2:33 PM  
Blogger AR said...

I love spoiling the babies, too. I'm always glad to give them back to their mommies and daddies. Good luck in Sock Wars!

2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home