Swim Mom Knits

Thirty something wife and mom of two boys who spends all her time at the pool (although not swimming)knitting maniacally.

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Socks of Doom!

The Socks of Doom were a little stalled last night. I had difficulty with the pattern and kept messing it up and having to drop down and fix stitches. I did manage to get to picking up the gusset stitches on the second sock. I am 1/2 inch away from the toe on the first sock.

But, I got bad news... my assassin has mailed my socks. So I will only be able to kill my target if I finish these tonight (fat chance!). I have never been so excited to "die".

Last night I watched the series premier of Heroes. I found it fairly interesting, kind of like pretender mixed in with every superhero movie/tvshow ever. I will definetely be tuning back in for a couple more episodes. Tomorrow starts Supernatural. Shane and I are talking about getting the DVR through the cable. We are both gone to much to have many shows we can watch even if we want to (which over the past few years hasn't been as much of an issue). Ben likes some shows, Meerkat Manor, that he doesn't always get to see. Anyways, it is on the table for now.

Now that the Sock War saga is almost at an end, I can look forward to knitting on the stoles again. I kinda missed the cashmerino. I also have some sock yarn begging to become socks for me and the boys.

We have swim practice tonight, tomorrow night and Thursday. We got the winter cover on the pool last night before practice. Tonight, it is just mom and the boys, so we won't get much done. By the time swim practice is over, I am generally exhausted from entertaining Nate. This is when we work on pre-school stuff for about 1/2 hour. Then he snacks for 1/2 hour and plays for 1/2 hour. I am generally to distracted to knit while Nate is there with me. So I won't knit until we get home and I watch House.

2 Comments:

Blogger AR said...

Nice socks! We watched Heroes, too. I really liked it. The Japanese guy was so funny. It looks like it'll get a bit darker, though.

7:17 PM  
Blogger V said...

Ha! You did sock wars! I was too wussy....and my local yarn lady scolds me all the time for being such a wuss. But I knew the amount of obsessive late nights might just kill me...for real!

Did you get the socks? Don't you have to receive them to be killed off?

9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home