Swim Mom Knits

Thirty something wife and mom of two boys who spends all her time at the pool (although not swimming)knitting maniacally.

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Another FO

I did stop at the LYS last night. I picked up two yarns. One was Mountain Colors and the other Classic Elite Tigress. I intend to make wrist warmers out of the Mountain Colors. Last year I had made a pair of wrist warmers out of another color of the MC but my mom ended up with them (I made her a pair for Christmas but they were to small). I have been getting a little frustrated with the knitting on the stoles (you know, knit knit knit some more but never finish) so I decided I needed some big yarn for my big (US 35) needles. Enter the Classic Elite. I have been eyeing this yarn for two years, but just wasn't willing to plunk down the money on it. However, my Secret Pal had sent me the gift certificate. So the Manos didn't come home with me but the Classic Elite did. After a night of knitting (in between Candyland and Hi Ho Cherry-O), I had a finished scarf. Of course, it ended up to long and I had to rip out about 8 inches this morning. During lunch, I finished sewing the ends in so tonight I will block it and then we will have some modelled pictures taken.














The pictures are pretty crappy, but give you an idean of what it looks like. Now for the specs.

Classic Elite Tigress, Color 7076, no idea on the gauge, it's a scarf I don't do gauge on a scarf, US 35 needles. I cast on 15 stitches and knitted until it was long enough. Started 11/01/06 finished 11/02/06.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cindy Larson said...

What an awesome quick knit!!:) Love the color.

12:46 PM  
Blogger AR said...

Super quick! Great colors, too. Gotta love gift cert. yarn!!

1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home