Swim Mom Knits

Thirty something wife and mom of two boys who spends all her time at the pool (although not swimming)knitting maniacally.

Friday, October 20, 2006

Fall Trees

I am so glad it is Friday. I hooked up the computer from work yesterday evening. The boys both wanted to play on it, but we have no speakers yet so not all the games work. Santa is possibly on the line for a new computer. Since I work on one all day, I rarely want to get on one at home and haven't really worried about having one until recently. Ben has hit that age where he is going to need one for school. He has computer class twice a week and I am betting he knows how to do stuff that I don't.

This weekend, the MIL wants to take the kids to the pumpkin patch. They are still debating over which one to go visit. My SIL lives an hour and a half from our house, my MIL an hour from either of us and my other SIL and hour from both my SIL and me but 5 minutes from MIL. One pumpkin patch is fifteen minutes from my house, the other 1 1/2 hours. The one that is 1 1/2 hours from my house is 1 hour away from the MIL/SIL and 2 hours away from the other SIL. It's an hour drive either way for the MIL/SIL that live by each other and 2 hours for the SIL. We are the only ones who have a difference in the drive. I didn't want to make everyone come our way, but I want to go to the one closer to our house. I said I didn't care, but I do. I should have said something, but I hate to be the nasty one who makes everyone do it her way (which I have done on occassion because of the drive).

Anyways, I took some pictures of my favorite two trees in front of the office. They are just now starting to change colors and I look out them everyday as I come down the front office steps.
That's the office to the left. Wasn't the sky gorgeous today?

3 Comments:

Blogger kt said...

Oooh, colorful leaves! I'm SOOO jealous! We're getting delightfully cool fall weather, but we realy don't have the splendid colors out this way.

I hear you about Friday. This week went pretty quickly, and it's a good thing too. I'm going to go postal at work if we don't get some more staff in, and PRONTO!

Have a great weekend and walk in some crunchy leaves for me.

12:39 AM  
Blogger AR said...

Nice leaves, a lot of ours got knocked down by wind. :( I feel like that a lot of the time, but if they have to drive anyway, I think the closer to you option sounds fair.

9:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A long drive IS a big deal if one of the kids doesn't like riding, trust me, so I understand not wanting to even get in the car, LOL.

Hope you all found a nice pumpkin, though.

1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home