Swim Mom Knits

Thirty something wife and mom of two boys who spends all her time at the pool (although not swimming)knitting maniacally.

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Dulaan Knitting

I do most of my knitting (that isn't claimed by the myriad of kids I see) for a charity called Dulaan. For those of you who don't know, Dulaan is a project (go see Ryan's blog) that sets out to provide handknitted goods for Mongolians through F.I.R.E. The knitted items are due usually around July 1st.

Yesterday, I pulled out the stash of hats that I managed to save and washed them. I have four total. I started a fifth out of leftover Duo Chime from the nephew's sweater. I also have a vest/sweater on the needles out of some blend of camel and wool that I got when I first started knitting and had no knowledge about what I liked to work with/wear. Unfortunately, I don't have a great deal of this yarn and of course there is no yardage measurements on the tags (and I am way to lazy to measure in any way). But I am guessing that there is enough for a toddler vest possible a sweater. I have the front done almost to the armholes. ( I have no pictures as I was busy playing Nate and having him "help" me wash and block). I am ahead of schedule for Dulaan this year. I have been averaging about 3-5 items per year for the past couple of years. Since I already have 4, I figure I am all set to help get to the goal.

I have almost finished the first ball of yarn on the wedding stole. I am going to have to buckle down and implement a 30 minute rule. I could be done with it if I would just work on it and I knit at least 30 minutes most days. My stole for the wedding is nearly done. I have 2 1/2 balls of yarn to go. After reading about the controversy involved with the DB Cashmerino I have decided I don't give a rat's behind. I bought the yarn for 40% off and I love the way it feels.

Tonight, after swim team, I have to tackle the mountain of laundry that never seems to grow any smaller regardless of the fact that I do approximately two loads of laundry a day.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you with the Dulaan project.

I understand your pain about the wedding shawl--I have a scarf I need to finish (so I joined Lacevember to see if it helps me).

What was the DB Cashmerino controversy?? I've used it before but must've missed this news.

9:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home