Swim Mom Knits

Thirty something wife and mom of two boys who spends all her time at the pool (although not swimming)knitting maniacally.

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Did you vote?

Don't forget to vote today.

We had a very busy weekend. The surprise party for the BIL was a smashing success. We got there plenty early and proceeded to hid the PT cruiser (it has purple flames on it and stands out) so as not to give away our presence. BIL was certainly surprised. The food was somewhat disapointing but the conversation was good. My parents came and got the boys who were not sorry to leave. Shane and I danced and talked and generally behaved like adults for a change. Since I was the sober one of the group, I made a run to buy cigarettes only to find it was sleeting! This did not thrill me as I knew I was to drive home. Luckily, it didn't last long.

Sunday we had my parents and grandparents over for a late lunch. This entailed getting up much earlier than the 2 AM bedtime told me I should be getting up. But, I had to pick up the house before the guests got there. Shane made roast with potatoes and carrots, delicious. We played some euchre, which amazingly my father and I won. (usually we lose and quite miserably at that). So my grandfather went home as he doesn't like it when he doesn't win. My parents stayed and played some games with the boys who were quite tired after their weekend.

Ben began running a fever before bedtime. Then he started coughing. I didn't make it to work yesterday and he didn't go to school. He has a upper respiratory infection. The doctors think it is viral in nature and gave him fancy cough syrup. He was up half the night coughing and I finally moved him to the couch so he could sleep sitting up. He hasn't ran a fever since yesterday, so I am hoping he is feeling better. Although he won't be swimming for a couple more days.

Today has been entertaining. The high school kids got out of school early because of parent teacher conferences and a group gathered outside our office. Then the yelling started. The F-word started flying back and forth and various threats were traded. The mother of one girl came out and put her daughter inside but continued trading words herself. (Obviously, a high class neighborhood for living in). Eventually the police showed up. Although they took long enough that if the fight had turned physical it would have been over by the time they got here. Apparently the police were called to our office yesterday as well. We had our maintenance guy working on the garage (unattached) and some neighbor thought there were breaking in a called the cops. The cops proceeded to pull a gun on the poor guys! I never thought I would be so glad to miss work. This kind of drama I could do without.

I got more work done on the wedding stoles. I have a little over one ball left on mine and half a ball on the brides. 3 1/2 weeks and counting until they must be done. I tried on my dress Friday night and I was wrong in assuming I could even wear an 1" tall heel, so I have a pair of mary janes I can wear during pictures and the walk down the isle. Then I will switch to heels when it doesn't matter how long the dress is.


Blogger AR said...

I voted!

Excitement at work! I'd do without that, too.

Hope Ben feels better soon. He probably hates not being able to swim, huh?

7:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home