Swim Mom Knits

Thirty something wife and mom of two boys who spends all her time at the pool (although not swimming)knitting maniacally.

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Election Aftermath

This year the election had new meaning to me. One of the lawyers I work with was running for judge of his county. He is now the newly elected judge which means our office is down one lawyer. Unfortunately this means we now have two secretaries to many. I have been worried that as the low man on the totem pole, I will lose my job but have received some reassurances that this will not be the case. I suppose this is yet to be seen.

I started the final ball of yarn on my stole for the wedding last night while watching the election results. This is the first year I have ever watched for the results and it was awfully trying. First, the only local station was the NBC station. I watch House so I missed part of House waiting for the result to scroll across the bottom. This was after I watched Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy to get the results. I think I much prefer not needing to know who won until the morning after.

I have decided to make scarfs for the ladies I work with since this could be our last year working together. One will be getting the Irish Hiking Scarf (she picked out the pattern), the other two I am not sure about yet. I will have to decide what I want to make them. This will call for a trip to the LYS but not until I finish the stoles which should be by the weekend. Tonight, I plan to get the supplies to make a blocking board (again) so I can wash and block my stole.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A trip to the yarn store! Gee, that's too bad! :)

Good luck getting your stoles done this weekend! I look forward to seeing pictures!

5:01 PM  
Blogger AR said...

Yeah, so sad that you have to go to the LYS. LOL!

Good luck with your job. I'm sending good thoughts to you so you keep yours. Sorry other guys.

Can't wait to see pics of your stoles!!

7:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How nice of you to make scarves. Good luck with everything.

11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home