Swim Mom Knits

Thirty something wife and mom of two boys who spends all her time at the pool (although not swimming)knitting maniacally.

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Getting Back to Normal

It has been so very crazy here. Let's start with the weekend.

Friday, Ben and I enjoyed an evening by ourselves. Shane had taken Nate to his Aunt's house, which left Ben and I rare mommy/son time. Which he promptly used to watch Pokemon and play video games. Sometimes I miss him being little. Saturday, I volunteered to work so that my boss could have his brief to work on when he came in Sunday (a normal thing for him). But, I went to the LYS before I went to work to get yarn for the scarves for the ladies at work. I came home with Jaeger Naturespun and Twilley's Freedom, both in natural. That makes three scarves in the same color -- I know, seems a little much but two of the three have multiple winter coats in multiple colors so I wanted the scarves flexible and the third picked her color. I also picked up some yarn to make a gift for my mom, but since she reads this blog occassionaly that will have to stay under wraps.

The scarf my boys showed off yesterday is the first of the scarves. The Jaeger, knit Saturday afternoon while watching Failure to Launch and The Constant Gardner on US 35s, CO 15, knit to desired lenght slipping the first stitch of every row. Ben has declared that he would like a scarf since that one was SO soft (his wording). Isn't he a wonderful model, he is so photogenic that I have never seen a bad picture of him. At one point we actually had a modelling agency contacting us about him. We opted out of that due to time issues, which seems a little odd now that we do swim team all the time.

Anyways, I am halfway done with the second scarf for work and have started the third. The third will take the longest due to the cabled pattern I am using. The third scarf I actually have the input of the co-worker I am making it for whereas the other two are getting surprises (and consequently less time put into their scarves, in case they don't like them [which doesn't worry me much] or won't wear them [a far more likely possibility). I am also planning on some fingerless mitts for my boss's wife who works in a freezer.

And the best news of the weekend, my stole for the wedding is finished! It isn't blocked yet so I don't have any pictures yet. Unfortunately, I am still plugging away on the Bride's.

So, let's see, I am up to Sunday. Sunday, I went shopping with my MIL, SIL and neice. Which made me realize why my boys don't like to shop. My neice was all over the stores, often with my SIL unaware of exactly where she was. When I take the boys shopping, they stay right by me and if there is a stroller, they must hold onto it or be in it (Nate). There is no running all over the store and touching everything in sight. Plus they must behave properly, they have to follow rules for inside behavior. It made me realize yet again just how much I expect from my kids. On the other hand, they rarely let me down and they get plenty of time to be goofy and make messes and run and scream. It was a little stressful for me and I wasn't responsbile to watch her.

The shopping was ultimately successful. My MIL finished most of her Christmas shopping, as did the SIL. I bought one christmas gift. The rest of what I bought was for now. On the plus side, the sales were fantastic.

The past two nights, I have been fighting a cold passed to me from Ben. So, I cancelled girls night to make sure I will have energy for the bachelorette party this weekend.

On a final note, Two Sticks and a String posted about a project called
Comforting Jenn
which is posted on the blog Tightly Wound Loosly Knit (linked up above). This is a project for Jenn who lost her husband, 7 yr old son and 4 month old baby in a car accident. Found out she was pregnant and then lost the baby. It gets worse, but I will cry if I put down the rest so go read about Jenn and help if you can.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cathy said...

Thank you so much for your offer to help! I appreciate it very very much!
Cathy

9:25 PM  
Blogger AR said...

Wow, you've been busy!
Poor Jen. I'm going to go check out that link. How sad.

8:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home