Swim Mom Knits

Thirty something wife and mom of two boys who spends all her time at the pool (although not swimming)knitting maniacally.

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Holiday Meme

Holiday meme shamelessly stolen from Arletta's.

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?

Hot Chocolate with marshmellows

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree?

Not just under the tree, but ready to be played with.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?

I prefer colored lights but in all one color. Our tree has blue lights on it.

4. Do you hang mistletoe?

Never

5. When do you put up your decorations?

Whatever weekend I have free or when I am finally forced to by my relatives. I don't get to celebrate christmas at my house ever and don't always put up a tree anymore.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish?

Beef N Noodles, no question.

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child?

At my grandparents, there was a little house with a Santa on a pole. It you tapped the Santa, he climbed down the pole and to the chimney of the house. When he reached the house we got to open presents. We spent all day trying to sneak Santa down the pole until Grandpa would get fed up and take him off. It was great.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?

When I was six, we had a huge snowfall in December. My brother and I went to get the sled down out of the garage attic and found a bunch of unopened Star Wars toys. Then on Christmas they appeared under the tree, and that was the end of Santa.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?

Yes, at my parents house we open all of our gifts.

10. What kind of decorations are on your Christmas Tree?

I have homemade decorations, some glass balls and icicles and beads. It is pretty bare in truth.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread?

Love it. As long as I don't have to drive to far.

12. Can you ice skate?

Yes, but not well.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?

Not really, but probably my body pillow.

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you?

Family.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?

Divinity. The once a year treat.

16 What is your favorite holiday tradition?

Taking turns opening the presents by age so that all can see what you got.

17. What tops your tree?

An angel that Shane had from a boy.

18. What is your favorite holiday book?

The Fallen Angel, by Christopher Moore.

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song?

Bugundian Carol

20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yummy?

YUCK, I can't stand peppermint.

1 Comments:

Blogger AR said...

Your number 8 made me laugh. Aww! Poor kids.

LD just reminded me of a great holiday book: A Gift From The Lonely Doll. Knitting and Christmas! Great!!

6:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home