Swim Mom Knits

Thirty something wife and mom of two boys who spends all her time at the pool (although not swimming)knitting maniacally.

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Bachelorette Party and Swimming

Well, I had a great weekend. The bachelorette party went fabulously. I started the bride off with a full body massage and facial (her first ever). Then we met up with the rest of the girls for dinner. We ate at Biaggi's, a fabulous italian place. I had the most delicious short ribs and garlic mashed potatoes. I also splurged and had tomato and bread soup. After dinner, we opted to go to the chocolate bar where we all indulged in some truffles. I had a wonderful Bailey's Irish Creme truffle. I also took home a milk chocolate truffle which I gave to my mom on Sunday. We hung out at the chocolate bar for a while just talking. Afterwards we went to Boltini's which is a martini bar, for drinks. Now since I can't have alcohol, I was acting as the DD. I decided to try Voss which is some fancy artisian water. What a waste of $3.50. We had a great time there until it hit about 10 and the smokers came in (one more month and Champaign will be smoke free). Half of our party bailed then.

So the remaining members (me, the bride and one more) decided to go dancing. But we couldn't find the club we wanted to go to and ended up freezing our behinds off. Thus we stopped at a hole-in-the-wall bar to warm up and have a drink. We played cricket (a type of dart game). I used to play darts quite a bit with my husband, but I was thumped into the ground by the other ladies. One other lady joined us (neither the bride or I knew her, but we are always ready to meet new people) and we figured out where the dance club was located. We headed off to the bar where we danced for the remaining hour or so we stayed up. It was a fabulous time except or course for the bedtime. I didn't get home until 3 AM.

Sunday, I had to get up because I was meeting my mom to go to Ben's swim meet. He had gone with Shane and my Dad (and Nate) on Saturday for the first day, but Mom couldn't go until Sunday and neither could I. So I had to get up at 8 AM. Five hours of sleep does not a happy swim mom make. Ben's did wonderfully at his meet improving the times of all his events except his 100 back. The 100 back was on Saturday and Shane told me the coaches pulled him off to the side after it to give him a serious talk. Apparently whatever they told him worked, because his times improved at least 3 seconds in all the rest of his races.

When we got home Sunday night, we were all exhausted. There was a surprise waiting for me at home -- a package from my secret pal. More on that tomorrow. Also, I am supposed to find out whether or not I still have a job today! Wish me luck.


Blogger AR said...

Sounds like a tiring, but fun time! You can catch up on rest later.

3:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WISHING YOU LUCK for tomorrow!

Secret Pal

4:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops...I should think more clearly before I post a comment.

I meant to say, GOOD LUCK today. I hope you can keep your job!


4:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home