Swim Mom Knits

Thirty something wife and mom of two boys who spends all her time at the pool (although not swimming)knitting maniacally.

Friday, January 12, 2007

Thank Goodness the Weekend is Here

I am so happy that the weekend is here. I get a haircut tonight and am having dinner with Christina. I also forgot to pack yarn with me today! (This rarely happens as I almost always have a project in my purse) So I went into the LYS to get something to knit on while waiting for the hairdresser and before dinner. Ben has been wanting a scarf but he has turned his nose up at all the reasonably priced yarn in boy colors that I have at my house (I don't have to much that isn't reaosnably priced but what I do have is definitely not "boy" colors). So I picked up a hank of Mountain Colors. (I will have pictures next time). I am hoping it is appropriately boyish. It is dark blue/purple. I think I am going to do the Harlot's one row scarf pattern with it. I started it but at the guage I am knitting it was way to skinny, so I ripped it out and am ready to restart.

Nate goes away tomorrow. I am hopeful that we will see him at our swim meet next weekend, but there is a good possibility that I won't see him until two weeks are up. I have never been away from him for over a week before. This will be a little rough. Ben gets to spend the night with his Aunt on Sunday since he doesn't have school Monday and I still have to work (we don't get very many holidays). We are supposed to meet for a movie on Sunday, but I am not sure if the weather is going to be very cooperative and it is an hour drive. If it isn't, I am sure we will work something out.

I spent most of last knit ripping out the silk scarf which I had messed up, again. I have got to stop knitting on that when I am tired. It does me no good since I seem to get to spend all the rest of my next knitting session ripping out what I knitted while tired. I also worked on Shane's sweater and am now ready for the decreases on the back.

I am on day two of no soda. Serious withdrawal is going on. I have been craving a soda all day and it took all my will power not to get one with lunch. (That would be far easier to do if they didn't provide them for free here at work). I have been stiff and suffering a headache all day. To make matters worse, I have no chocolate or gum at work! When I get home I am going to indulge in some chocolate with caramel sent by my SP. It is fabulous.

4 Comments:

Blogger AR said...

Still sending you good luck for staying off the soda. They provide it at your job. That must make it a little harder. Just keep thinking about the benefits. :)

11:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did that scarf and it came out so well and the best part is; it's one of the few reversable scarves.

8:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like an appropriate boy color to me, but then I'm not a good judge of colors.

11:10 AM  
Blogger RC said...

NO soda? Really? I get all achy just thinking of giving it up.... which may not be such a good sign...

11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home