Swim Mom Knits

Thirty something wife and mom of two boys who spends all her time at the pool (although not swimming)knitting maniacally.

Friday, February 09, 2007

Weekend away

Shane got home safe and sound last night. He was tired and I was in a horrible mood. I have been so tired and grouchy. The boys were excited to see him and couldn't stand still. He brought them the cutest hats from Alcatraz. I don't have any pictures of him getting home or my new yarn. But he brought me 3 skeins of Classic Elite Inca Marl in the du Barry Rose colorway from Greenwich Yarns. It is a fabulous 100% alpaca yarn, just girly enough for me to be able to keep it for myself. Now, I just have to decide what to make out of it. The ladies at that shop were fantastically helpful to Shane.


Today, Shane and the boys had dentist and eye appointments. Ben had two cavities! His teeth are really crooked so I try and make sure he brushes really well and he uses Act and a mouthwash. It just goes to show that no matter how careful you are, cavities happen. They caught them early enough that he didn't have to have a shot (thank goodness, he would never want to go back if he got a shot). Both the boys still have 20/20 vision. I am not looking foward to the day when we have to get Ben contacts or prescription goggles for swimming.


I leave right after work for Chicago. I think we are making a trip to The Fold tomorrow where I can do some vicarious shopping through my sister. She likes it when I pick out the fiber for her to spin. She likes to spin, but doesn't like the stuff she picks out as well as what I pick out. (Don't ask me, she also didn't pick out her own wheel but whatever). The hard part will be not breaking the YFC. We are talking STR. If you haven't been to The Fold, I highly recommend it. (I go everytime I am at my sisters, about twice a year).


This morning on my way to work I saw a rainbow. You can barely see it in this picture. look in the middle, it is really faint. It was much brighter in person. I don't think I have ever seen a rainbow when it has been so cold.
I want to thank everyone for their comments. If you don't get a reply it is because Blogger and I are fighting. It won't give me any email addresses and I have been trying to look them up but haven't got all the way through them yet. It is enough to make me want to look at other services, you know, the kind you have to pay for.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad Shane got home all right and that the boys are fine. You have a great weekend with your sister. BTW, I'm your YFC pal and you're way too busy to figure out who I am, but I'm going to suggest you pick out some yarn for your sister to buy you:)

3:12 PM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

Greenwich Yarns! Nice place. At least Shane's home safe and sound and you get some vicarious shopping at a fiber place.

Does unspun fleece count? It's basically dust bunnies, until you do something with it.

Blogger is annoying.

6:27 PM  
Blogger AR said...

Yay! New yarn. Too bad about the cavities. Life is blah, sometimes, but what ya gonna do. Right!

Happy Valentine's Day to you and your boys!!

8:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home