Swim Mom Knits

Thirty something wife and mom of two boys who spends all her time at the pool (although not swimming)knitting maniacally.

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Disaster Averted


Well, the deadline that I about screwed up has been taken care of. It about kills me when I do that. So, where was I...

Nate found something exciting when we got home on Monday.

My final present from my Secret Pal.














Those are handmade delicious suckers. I have told the boys they are each allowed to have one. What could I do, they begged. And those are the instant drink mixes you put in a bottle which I have been using at work to help keep me off the soda. Thanks so much.

And my most wonderful secret pal is

Melly Breit

She sent the best gifts, notes, emails and all. Melly you made my first secret pal exchange a great one. Thanks so much.

Then we went to swim practice. I don't normally go on Monday nights so it was different. There were no other kids Nate's age for him to play with so he was pretty bored. When he is with me on Tuesday there are loads of kids to play with, but Monday he and I normally stay home. Nate entertained the other parents with stories about his babies. They are in his belly and will come out his mouth and he will share his toys (this part goes on for a while). He will also tell you about how his first baby died when she ran into the road and got hit by a car. This all happened at his "blue house" with his other mom. He will also tell you all about how his babies are getting ready to kick him while they are in his belly (the sitter used to let the kids feel her baby kick her when she was pregnant). Nate told this story for about ten minutes. The parents were in awe, both of his ability to tell stories and what the story included (he is a boy).

Tuesday, we had to skip practice because I don't get off work in time to take Ben to practice. So tonight, we are right back at it. I will be exceptionally glad when Shane gets home this single parent stuff sucks.

I got a call from Shane he was headed to San Francisco to the wharf and wanted to know if there were any yarn stores near there, so I might be getting a present of yarny goodness when he gets home. Of course, the sticker shock could do him in. He never goes yarn shopping with me. He much prefers I just bring it home and show him so he can nod and smile and give me a hard time because I haven't finished anything for him yet.

In knitting, I am about ready to start the end chart of my scarf/stole from Victorian Lace Today. I have a hard time working on anything else. The silk is so soft. But I have tried to work on Nate's scarf which is 3/4 of the way done and Ben's which is barely going. Here is a really bad picture of Ben's scarf, well nevermind the picture. Blogger is being a PITA. I have also started my sister's stole from Victorian Lace Today, but I have gotten far enough to make an interesting pic yet. I want to be enough into the chart for her to see what it will look like when I see her in a couple of weeks.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that is some imaginative tale. Nate sounds like a born storyteller.

Which yarn store did you send your hubby to?

Homemade suckers! Awesome.

12:03 PM  
Blogger AR said...

hehe, that's a great story Nate made up. I love good imaginations!

Homemade candy, and a yarny gift from your hubby, lucky you! :)

11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home