Swim Mom Knits

Thirty something wife and mom of two boys who spends all her time at the pool (although not swimming)knitting maniacally.

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Can't wait for tomorrow

I survived ths now yesterday. With the husband gone, I was forced to shovel the drive all by myself. This is a recipe for pain but it had to be done. So I bundled myself up and put on my coveralls (handmedowns from my brother and sooo attractive) and went outside with the boys. Nate of course had to go to the bathroom five minutes after we got outside. So they trucked back in and Ben helped him while I shoveled. The snow was light and fluffy so it wasn't horrible shoveling conditions. After I got the work done, I played with the boys outside. It made for a pretty nice time.


We came in and ate supper, did homework and the boys got baths. Then my parents showed up. They were going to take Ben to swim team which had been cancelled, so they stayed at my grandparents and fished for awhile longer. This did not please Nate who was expecting Grandma Pig to pick him up. He got his Grandma fix and went to bed a lot easier.


Shane comes home tomorrow and I couldn't be more ready. This is the longest we have been apart in the entire time we have been living together. Of course, he will be home all of an evening before I leave for Chicago, but I will still get to see him. He has called everyday to whine about how quiet it is and how much he misses us (very nice), but I am not felling his pain about the quiet. What is that? I haven't had any quiet in nearly two weeks now. I'm actually looking forward to coming to work just for some quiet. Mommy is in serious need of some alone time.


I haven't been able to knit much lately and even when I have had the time I haven't had the desire. Mostly I just sit there and stare at the TV or give it up and go to sleep. But I have worked on Nate's scarf. It is almost done. When I hang it on Nate it reaches knees. But he keeps telling me to make it longer. He's also decided he wants fringe, but I am still debating that. The scarf he is using now has fringe and it is always falling off and getting stuck in his zipper.


(Just ignore the mess in the background. Our house tends to have a lived-in look, you know messy)
Tonight, I have another fun adventure in eating fast food and going to swim team with no time for break. I don't know who is going to be happier to see Shane, Remus or the boys. My poor puppy is being terribly neglected without his daddy at home.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is the downside of snow, shoveling.

I hope you all have a happy reunion.

Your kid is so cute with his scarf, that smile is a killer!

don't have too much fun at swim team.

4:12 PM  
Blogger knittingingrid said...

Hi Mindy!
We have snow here too - but not so much we need to shovel. Swimming in the cold is a bit grim, isn't it (all those wet children!) - we go on Mondays and Saturdays! I have just tagged you with the alphabet tag - hope you enjoy it!

4:56 AM  
Blogger AR said...

What a cutie. Mess? That's life with kids, huh? LOL

11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home