Swim Mom Knits

Thirty something wife and mom of two boys who spends all her time at the pool (although not swimming)knitting maniacally.

Friday, January 26, 2007

YFC Questionairre

What type of yarn do you knit with most often? Merino. I use a lot of wool but like the softness of merino.

Is there any type of yarn that you would love to try but haven't yet, such as bamboo, banana fiber (seriously they make it - although I've yet to see it in person). I am totally intrigued by the idea of banana fiber yarn. I would love to try Noro or Malabrigo.

In your opinion what is a luxury yarn? Anything super soft or hand painted/dyed. Cashmere, silk or sometimes just plain wool that is hard to find.

Is there any type of yarn or fiber content you dislike or would prefer not to receive? No acrylic please. Everything else is good.

What type of garments do you most often knit? Hats and shawls, although lately scarves are closing the gap.

What types of knitting books do you enjoy? I like ones with some history and great classic patterns. My favorite right now are Victorian Lace Today.

What is a color you like but rarely or never buy yourself? Purple. I love purple (second to blue, maybe tied with red) but I never buy it.

If you were pregnant and had to name your baby a fiber, what would her/his name be? Viscose Rayon – I don't particularly care for this fiber, but what a name that would be.

Do you spin? No. I tried on a spindle but didn't care for it. I haven't tried a wheel because I don't want to fall in love with another habit.

What is one fiber you've never spun?

If someone in your family or a best friend had to describe you in one word, what would it be? Unusual

Please tell us one odd thing about you. I talk a mile a minute. So fast that my mouth doesn't keep up with my brain and trips all over itself. I also skip topic in mid sentence. My best friends can follow me, those that can't well I don't spend much time with them.

What was your favorite cartoon when you were little. Bugs Bunny

Do you have animals? If so, please name them and tell us a little about them. Yes, one dog. A rat terrier named Remus. He is 8 years old, black and white. He doesn't look like a rat terrier. He is much broader through the chest and shorter than most.

And last but not least, if you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be? Scotland. No contest.

5 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

That was a wonderful list of things I didn't know about you! Viscose Rayon, hmm? Very nice. Is your son back? Just to hear you talk about him is very sweet.

4:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay I love Viscose Rayon. Your right, it's a cool name.

Thanks for answering so quickly!

4:25 PM  
Blogger AR said...

Scotland! Yes, you move there, and I'll come visit, ok? hehe

11:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hiya, Mindy!

Just wanted to let you know that I went to the post office today and sent a package on its way to your house! You'll probably get it on Tuesday, maybe Monday if your karma's good. ;)

Bugs Bunny was my favorite cartoon when I was little, too!

SP

4:49 PM  
Blogger Sunflowerfairy said...

I hate blogger!!!! I just wrote this whole comment and it was deleted when I signed in...grrrr.

Anyways, what I said was, I dream of going to Scotland or Ireland. But I'm afraid that if I go, I'll never leave. Ever.

I can be MacSunflowerfairy, right??

9:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home