Swim Mom Knits

Thirty something wife and mom of two boys who spends all her time at the pool (although not swimming)knitting maniacally.

Monday, February 05, 2007

SP 10 Questionairre

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I love merino, alpaca and cashmere. I do not care for any wool that is scratchy or most acrylic (particularly the squeaky kind).
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I keep my needles in a zippered case that a set of sheets came in. Its stylish, really.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I have been knitting for three years. I am self taught although I have taken some classes since learning. I would consider myself to be intermediate.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Yes, I have an Amazon wishlist.
5. What's your favorite scent?
I love citrus scents. Orange or Lemon.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Yes. I love milk chocolate (does that count as a favorite candy).
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I don't really do any other crafts, although my sister spins and I get to play with the yarn she makes.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I listen to just about any kind of music, but I don't care much for rap. I can play MP3s on my computer and my son has an Ipod that I can borrow when I want (plus he listens to a lot of the same type of music I do). By any kind of music I mean I have the range from Gregorian Chants to Garange Band to Classical to Alternative to Big Hair Bands.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
I love blues, purples and reds. The only color I can't stand is yellow or anything with a yellow cast to it.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I am married with two kids (all boys). We have one dog, Remus. He is a rat terrier.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Yes to scarves, hats and mittens no to the poncho.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I knit whatever catches my fancy at a particular moment. But I have been on a lace kick lately. And cables. 13. What are you knitting right now?
Actively, a lace scarf, sweater for my son, three scarves, husband's sweater, hat and stole for my sister.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Yes, very much.
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I use both straight or circular depending on the project (or how heavy it gets). Bamboo or wood all the way.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Yes both.
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
Close to three years. I frogged the oldest one not long ago so the next one moved up.
18. What is your favorite holiday?
Halloween.
19. Is there anything that you collect?
Fairy stuff.
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I have a subscription to Interweave. I would love a book with cable designs in it or any of the Barbara Walker Stitch dictionaries.
Yarns
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
Sure, maybe steeks
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Sometimes, I have a US 9 foot with a skinny ankle.
23. When is your birthday?
August 26

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Nice conversation.


take care
Carol

2:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home