Swim Mom Knits

Thirty something wife and mom of two boys who spends all her time at the pool (although not swimming)knitting maniacally.

Monday, March 12, 2007

Happy Birthday, Dad

My Dad celebrated his birthday yesterday. Since it fell on a weekend, my mom decided to have a gathering for it (really just an excuse to get together and eat and play cards).So we loaded up and went to their house for the day where of course the boys were completely spoiled by the whole family. I pretty much only saw Ben for about 5 minutes as he came to ask for food. The rest of the time he spent with his cousin. Nate spent his time entertaining the family with his stories and playing on Papa's computer. I got sucked into a card game and played all afternoon and most of the evening. I hadn't got much sleep the night before so I was a little grouchy and argumentative.

Saturday I got a call from the MIL asking if I would go shopping with her my Aunt-in-lay and two SILs. I agreed to go because I really needed to get my husband some new clothes. He has apparently out grown all of his jeans, and not in the good way. Well, I didn't get home until 11:30 which is way past my normal bedtime. I couldn't get to sleep and was up until 4. Shane did his best to let me sleep in but with my dad's party, I couldn't stay in bed to long. I did get some great buys on clothes for Shane.

Thankfully, everyone in our house is feeling much better. Although Ben did have a big bike crash on his new bike which has been determined to suck. He just isn't quite tall enough for it yet but it will probably take two years to get him back on it. He really isn't very comfortable riding a bike. Nate however, just whizzes around on his with his training wheels and raced our neighbor back to his house. (Our neighbor is in his 70s and was on his moped).

I got absolutely no knitting done this weekend. I started a sock for Nate to take with me shopping, but once I got into it I realized I had made it to small and ripped the whole thing. This is what I get for not getting the pattern out and trying to do it from memory when I really don't make that many socks.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey sounds like really good times...and well birthdays are always great days for celebration...and specially in the company of your loved ones...and hey you can also visit my blog on Birthday Wishes sometime for some more fun and resources!!!

6:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to your Dad! :o)

1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home