Swim Mom Knits

Thirty something wife and mom of two boys who spends all her time at the pool (although not swimming)knitting maniacally.

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

The recovery from strep has continued in our house. Slowly. Ben has been extra cranky. Which caused Nate to get upset. Then he didn't want to take a bath. When I made him, he started the worst fit he has thrown in a long time. He cried in the tub because he didn't want a bath. Then he cried when I got him out because he wanted a bath. He wouldn't leave the bathroom. Finally after fifteen minutes, he came into the living room to tell me I couldn't go to his blue house and cry there. I sent him to his room. (We maintain the rule that you can cry all you want but in your room). After another fifteen minutes of screaming, I made him put his pajamas on since he was still naked from his bath. Prompting another 20 or so minutes of screaming, crying, leg kicking -- the works. Finally, he stopped and came into the living room like nothing happened. He spent the rest of the evening watching Scooby-Doo with Ben. Needless to say, there will be no pictures today.

I did get to watch some of the barbarian series on the History channel. Back when I was in college, I studied the period of history they are going over in the series. So it was fun to watch. Last night was the Anglo-Saxons. Sunday, they aired a special on the Dark Ages. I started my evening with the Plague, then barbarian tech, then the Dark Ages. It was a pretty gruesome round of television. As I watched it, after we watched some nature program, Shane and I laughed about the violence level. I said no cartoon could be nearly as violent as any of the "educational" shows we just watched. It always cracks me up that Ben will watch shows with
true violence but put on an action type and he will refuse because it is to scary.

On the knitting front, I am on the second half of the front of Ben's sweater. I am to the decreases on the chemo cap and the latest Dulaan hat. I took them all to my cousins, but they smoke in their house so I had to air them out when I got home before I could work on them. I picked up some great new yarn at the LYS on Friday. I got two balls of Crystal Palace eyelash yarn in a really pretty green shade. It is the softest eyelash yarn I have ever felt and couldn't resist getting it to make a chemo cap out of. My aunt would have loved it so it came home with me. I also picked up some yarn to seem Ben's sweater, but like a fool I didn't check for scratchiness before I bought so it is to itchy. I think I may got the DMC thread route for that. I also bought two skeins of handpainted, superwash wool from a new company that the LYS just got in that morning. One in purple and one in pink. So soft and lots of yardage for the price. The newest Rowan came home as well. As the LYS owner said, I am a sucker for Rowan. I just love to look at the pictures.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nate sounds like Colin in The Secret Garden. Fun to listen to, no? No. But hey, it happens.

I love that era! I got interested in the Black Plague (because isn't everyone?) and sort of spread out from there. I've got the Dark Ages taped, I watched it too, but I was a bit brain dead from work.

Ah, but historical violence is so different. It's educational.

Sounds like the knitting is coming along too!

9:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I hope he's feeling better :o(

I missed the Dark Ages - and I keep forgetting to see if they're re-running it...going to check now...

11:33 AM  
Blogger Sunflowerfairy said...

Strep is the worst.

Hope everyone feels much better soon.

12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home