Swim Mom Knits

Thirty something wife and mom of two boys who spends all her time at the pool (although not swimming)knitting maniacally.

Thursday, March 08, 2007

The recovery has hit a snag

Ben's fever hasn't really gone away during his recovery, but last night it started climbing up again. So he is back to the doctor today. However, it is Daddy's turn to stay home and do the doctor routine. I am really hopeful that the antibiotic just isn't strong enough and that the strep hasn't morphed into something else. The last time I had strep I ended up with pneumonia and I really don't want Ben to have that. Nate on the other hand has gotten a ton better. We made it entirely through last night without a meltdown. Although I think that was only because I let him come in and sit with me while I watched tv even though it was mommy's night to be alone. (If I try to do this at home it never works. Partly because my husband has a really bad habit of napping when he should be watching the boys. This is why I quit trying to sleep in ever when the boys are home).

I did finally manage to get pictures. Not good pictures mind you. I am really looking forward to the time change. I would like to see the sun outside and not just through the window at work. I am excited about the prospect of bike rides with the boys and even the idea of sweltering through an all day swim meet hasn't deterred me from looking forward to the summer. I love the hot weather. Bring on the 100 degree days. I have totally gotten sidetracked.
This is the chemo cap I need to finish. It is the No Hair Day pattern from headhuggers.org. I am to the decrease section but haven't worked on since the weekend.










Ben's sweater is making progress. That is the left front on the left side. It curled up when I was taking the pictures and I didn't have the patience to unroll it.










Here is a picture of the stash enhancement. I compeltely forgot that I bought the two skeins of Lamb's Pride bulky. It is for hats for the Dulaan project. At least I hope, I didn't read the label carefully enough (try at all) when I purchased this and it was only after I got home that I realized it is mothproofed. I tend to be allergic to mothproofing chemicals so we will have to see how it goes. The dark red has possum fur in it! I had never seen yarn with possum fur in it before, but it is scratchy. The purple and pink are the handpainted superwash yarn. I looked at the type this morning, but of course have forgotton. I will be getting that soon.
Finally, thanks to all my readers for their patience with my utter lack of responses to your comments. I read them all, but I am still having issues with blogger allowing me to email people back and I don't always have enough time to trace them back. So just once again thanks.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pneumonia is the only reason I ever learned math. I had to have a tutor, I was out of school for so long.

Not that that will happen to Ben of course! No, HE will recover quickly. By the weekend. I hope.

Possum fur? That sounds so cooly exotic.

5:33 PM  
Blogger RC said...

Wow, you guys have been sick! I hope Ben feels better soon. At least Nate is better... I do't know what I'd do with 2 sick.
We just had to get a new antiboitic too since the first was not helping the cough/boogie nose.
Its been a crazy sick winter....

7:16 PM  
Blogger knittingingrid said...

Hope the doctor gives Ben something that will sort out the fever - my kids have all had some bug or other the past couple of weeks too - I reckon it is the time of year. Hope Nate continues to get better too. OOOh, possum - I've seen it once and didn't get any so look forward to seeing what you knit with it! What do you think of Rowan 41?

5:55 AM  
Blogger AR said...

I hope Ben gets better soon. Sorry to hear about the fit, my kids have thrown some doozies! Glad to hear that Nate feels better. Warm wishes to you all!!

7:04 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

I empathize on the sick kids front, we have been lucky this year, but typically are beseiged by strep. If they just gave you amoxicillan, demand something stronger, in my experience it does not wipe out strep! Hang in there, spring is on the way! What do you like in the new Rowan btw?

7:12 AM  
Blogger Cathy said...

I am SO SORRY the little one is still so sick! I will keep my fingers crossed that this visit to the doctor fixes him up quickly!

10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home