Swim Mom Knits

Thirty something wife and mom of two boys who spends all her time at the pool (although not swimming)knitting maniacally.

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Weirdness all around

The carbon monoxide detectors went off at work today. This has been an ongoing problem with our furnace which will be replaced tomorrow. I have been paranoid about the levels since my boss first told me of the leak which was supposed to have been repaired. But we put in the detetctors and they noted nothing. I am glad it will be fixed but boy will it be chilly in the office tomorrow. I guess I should be thankful it didn't do this while it was 2 degrees out.

In addition, my boss's son knocked up his girlfriend. So there has been drama all around. It truly made me want to laugh since I have been through that myself. When I was just a young thing I got married. I got married for the wrong reasons. Let's cut this story shorter, my first husband tried to hit me and I left him. He wouldn't admit to an anger problem and I wasn't about to stay with someone who would hit me, so our marriage ended. That is when I started dating Shane. He was the "rebound" guy. We went out and had a good time but neither of us expected it to go anywhere or to last. He never wanted a family or kids and these were on my list of things I wanted from life. Then it happened, the birth control failed and I was pregnant. We didn't get married right away because I don't believe in marrying because you are pregnant. I mean I had just gotten out of a failed marriage I wasn't jumping into one due to the baby. My parents were mostly supportive (they wanted us to marry). Shane and I moved in together and have been together since. That was nearly 12 years ago now. Things happen for a reason and some of us are just meant to be out of the regular order.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nathalie said...

wow, thanks for sharing this with us Mindy! I bet you wouldn't trade your eldest for anything!

5:43 AM  
Blogger AR said...

hehe, yeah, out of order. That's how a 33 year old has a 17 year old son. Oh well, I believe things happen for a reason, too. Hope they work it out!

5:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home