Swim Mom Knits

Thirty something wife and mom of two boys who spends all her time at the pool (although not swimming)knitting maniacally.

Friday, February 23, 2007

Projects List



I have some progress to report. Since Ben had requested a sweater and I had the right yarn in the stash, I have begun it. Lana Grossa Royal Tweed. it is actually darker red than this horrible picture shows. I showed it to Ben and asked him to guess what I was working on. In typical 9-yr-old fashion, he had forgotten he had asked me for it and ran through the gamut of other knitted objects. I really like the yarn in this sweater much more than the last one I frogged from this yarn (Einstein Coat).

I have also been kniting on the boss' wife's somwhat christmas present. A pair of Natalya fingerless mitts. Her office has no real heat in it.

This is out of Moutain Colors Bearfoot. I decided it was languishing on my bedside table for no reason.
This weekend, I plan to finish something (there are a number of options to finish). I also need to work on my mom's clapotis. I made a mistake and my first two skeins were considerably different shades so I really need to frog the whole thing and start over. I just needed to bring myself to accept the fate of what I have already knitted. Nate's scarf is ready to have the ends woven in and be blocked.
I need to start a chemo cap for the YFC. I have about three different ones picked that would do. So I'll have to decide based on the stash what is the most likely. I also need to do hats for the BFs. I have yarn for both of them, but haven't made the hats yet.
My aunt also requested some socks from STR so I will probably start her christmas gift for next year soon. I have two shades of STR. Blue Lagoon and I think it is called Ruby Sapphire. I am going with the Ruby Sapphire for her.
I am beginning to think I need to take a vacation to do nothing but knit. Oh but that does sound lovely. Who wants to come and cook for me?

2 Comments:

Blogger AR said...

I'll come knit with you! The Hubby's can cook.

5:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was going to offer to come knit with you too! Take out is always an option.

Oh, the selflessness. I amaze myself.

7:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home