Swim Mom Knits

Thirty something wife and mom of two boys who spends all her time at the pool (although not swimming)knitting maniacally.

Thursday, March 01, 2007

Picking up where I left off



Sorry about the slightly abrupt ending yesterday. I was not finished when I realized it was past time to go home and I published rather than saving. So, let's pick back up.

I was telling you all about my YFC gift. Remus finished off his treats last night, Nate had to feed him the last one. Ben took his pencils to school right away. As for me, I immediately found a home for my new yarn in my top layer of stash (read laundry basked I keep what I want to use in). To my YFC pal, there is no thing as too much purple. It is all really lovely and I can not wait to use the Alpaca Cloud. I am thinking something from the Victorian Lace Today book.



During supper on Monday, Nate told me he was angry with me and then he tried to give me "the brows" as we call them. But he can't do them without laughing. I got this great picture of him trying to give me the brows. He just dissolves into laughter everytime he tries.


Tonight, Nate heads to his Aunt's house for the weekend. He is of course beyond excited to be going. Shane is meeting with the MIL for supper.


I will spend the evening all by myself, doing laundry and knitting. I have a chemo cap to finish and Ben's sweater to work on. Or if my brain is more functional than it has been, I might work on my silk scarf. I also need to frog my mom's clapotis. I just hadn't brought myself to the place where I could agree with the coldly logical side of my brain that told me mom wouldn't be happy with the way the colors differed.
That is the back to Ben's sweater. It is a slightly darker red than the picture shows. I have a question, does anyone have any suggestions for a yarn to seam with? The yarn I am making the sweater out of is fairly bulky and I don't think that Ben will like the seams to be that big. How much smaller do you go when you substitute for seaming?




5 Comments:

Blogger Cindy said...

I'm sorry. I thought I signed the note in the box. I guess not. I'm your YFC pal. I'm so glad you liked your pressies. For Ben's sweater, a worsted or dk weight would work great without adding any extra bulk.

3:47 PM  
Blogger AR said...

Hehe, how cute! Love the brows.

7:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Brows! the Brows! Beware the Brows! That's so cute.

Nice YFC gift!

2:26 PM  
Blogger Sunflowerfairy said...

Ha! The brows made me laugh. Too cute.

I've heard that you can seam with floss-the stuff you do cross stitching with. Just buy matching colors and you're all set.

8:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's funny! Our niece used to give us looks that could kill. Brian used to practice frowning and couldn't keep from laughing either.

3:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home