Swim Mom Knits

Thirty something wife and mom of two boys who spends all her time at the pool (although not swimming)knitting maniacally.

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Sure sign of Spring



It isn't really spring until I put on sandals, capris and paint my toenails. To bad it won't last for more than a couple of days, but the boys and I will make it count. They rode their bikes so much yesterday that at 7:30 I asked Nate if he was exhausted and he said yes. What 4 year old admits they are tired?

I had my girls' night out last night. I had to return Shane's new jeans. When I knew I would be shopping for him, we had a discussion about the size and what his new size would be. I insisted he needed a 31 waist, he said 30. (He was a 29, yes he is a very skinny man) He argued with me that the 31's would fall down. Well, I got my way. Only one problem, the 31's were to small. Let me pause for a moment while I wipe the tears of laughter off. See, I have outweighed my husband for around 10 years, since the first boy was born. He kept weight gain with me for a while during pregnancy, but he lost much more of it than I. But over the past two years he has put on 20+ pounds while I have stayed the same. I am finally skinnier than he is! So I got him size 32 and they fit just fine.

5 Comments:

Blogger Sunflowerfairy said...

Heehee. My husband put on baby pounds too. His still haven't come off either.

Love the photo. Still too cold here for sandals, but I'm looking forward to it.

6:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That must've felt victorious, LOL!

Time for me to pull out the ole nail polish, too!

11:54 AM  
Blogger KT said...

I used to have some friends in Sullivan (they've since moved)! Weird how small the world is sometimes!

1:04 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

Isn't it nice of him to put a little weight on for you? I hated being heavier than my husband - finally got 20 pounds lighter. It would have been nice if he'd gained weight for me!

1:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My husband weighed less than I did when I met him -- he was downright scrawny, in fact. He has since surpassed me and I do feel that that's the natural order of things -- not only for my own ego, but because he looks a lot better when he's more than skin and bones!

9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home