Swim Mom Knits

Thirty something wife and mom of two boys who spends all her time at the pool (although not swimming)knitting maniacally.

Thursday, April 19, 2007

First Sleepover

Ben has his first with friend sleepover scheduled for tomorrow. He stays with relatives all the time, but this will be the first time with a friend. He is so excited he talks about it constantly.

Last night, I brought home some poster paints for the boys. Nate had been painting with watercolors, but they just don't give the pretty colors very easily. He must have painted six pictures last night. The final one, which he gave to the sitter, was a tornado about to eat flowers. I think he was trying to mimic a painting Ben was making with a pond and flowers, but when he described the picture he decided it was a tornado. I should have bought two sets of paint though. Ben is constantly complaining because Nate mixes the colors when he doesn't get his brush clean (which is pretty much every time he switches colors) and while I think they can get along okay with one set, I am pretty much with Ben on this one. It would irritate me terribly to have my paints mixed when I don't want them to be.

I picked up Ben's sweater again last night. I had worked on the Clapotis for around an hour and needed a break. It's a little dull and I am switching between two balls because the colors were so different. I am half-way done with Ben's second sleeve, then I will have the seaming and hood to do. I hope it will still fit next year. Sometime this weekend, I am going to weave the ends in on the silk scarf, wash it and block it on my new blocking board. It has been patiently waiting for some use (although Nate claims it is a gameboard).

2 Comments:

Blogger RC said...

ok so we play comment tag... I can't respond to you either! aarugh!
Email me:
cbast25 at yahoo dot com

I have pics of yarn to trade!

3:53 PM  
Blogger AR said...

How exciting! I hope he has a great time.

7:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home