Swim Mom Knits

Thirty something wife and mom of two boys who spends all her time at the pool (although not swimming)knitting maniacally.

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

I was hiding my head in the sand.

Yesterday, I was hiding my head in the dirt. When really bad things happen in the world, I have to just shut down for awhile and regroup. In this particular case, that meant tuning out of all media coverage. So I stuck my head into the ground and pretended it wasn't happening. This involved mindless DVDs and playing Dora dominos.

My free time was nice. (There are always advantages to letting my husband have his fun time. Guilt- his anyways, I don't ask for this when I always leads to mommy time.) I read some, did some laundry and napped. When the boys got home, Nate had to tell me all about what they did. Ben wanted to leave to play with his friends.

I have been working on my mom's clapotis. I have a month and a half to finish it. This may require more will power than I typically manage in staying with one project. I am nearly done with the increase section which has always been a little boring for me.

Last, it turns out that I am allergic to the chemical in the mothproofing of the yarn. So, I have two skeins of Lamb's Pride Bulky, one orange (slightly used I started a hat and frogged it) and one teal. I would love to give these to someone who could make charity projects out of them. I originally bought them with the intention of making Dulaan projects, but if you have a charity you knit for that works for me to. If you want 'em, just leave a comment. First commenter who wants them, gets them.

3 Comments:

Blogger KT said...

At least you found out what you were allergic to!

I've gotten a little overwhelmed by the media lately, too. I've been keeping the tv tuned to one of the music channels or some of the channels that never have anything current-news-wise on them. It's scary!

3:32 PM  
Blogger AR said...

I try very hard to not watch the news. The world is a scary place!

I'm glad Ben is doing better.

Too bad about the allergy. How frustrating!

Good luck getting the Clappy done for your mom. :)

7:34 AM  
Blogger RC said...

how about a trade? I have some cascade 220 (i don't think that' mothproofed) or Plymouth Encore? That way you would still get some yarn to do hats!
lmk!
email cbast25 at yahoo dot com

1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home